PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Dark Eldar

Drakonize
02-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I played with this list yesterday and I won, but my opponent is a good friend who is not exactly concerned with winning. Therefore I have a hard time judging its effectiveness against him. Sadly he is also the only one who lets me proxy.

So before I go buy a bunch of models, lemme hear what you think.

Preemptively answer a couple questions:

1. Mandrakes will infiltrate onto an objective or if possible near a small unit.

2. Razorwings are deepstriking usually, wiping whole squads off the board when they come in.

3. Reavers are in 2x3 + 1x6 for target saturation purposes and it is MUCH easier to JSJ out of LOS with only 3 models. For 78 points I use them much like a land speeder.

HQ:
Archon w/ Shadowfield, Huskblade, Ghostplate, Soultrap, Splinter Pistol, PGL

Elites:
Incubi x 5
-Raider (Archon here of course)

Mandrakes x 7 w/ Nightfiend

Trueborn x4 w/ 4 blasters
-Raider

Troops:
Warriors x 5 w/ Blaster
-Raider

Warriors x 5 w/ Blaster
-Raider

Warriors x 5 w/ Blaster
-Raider

Warriors x 5 w/ Blaster
-Raider

Fast Attack
Reaver Jetbikes x 6 w/ 2x Heat Lance, 2x Cluster Caltrops

Reaver Jetbikes x 3 w/ Heat Lance

Reaver Jetbikes x 3 w/ Heat Lance

Heavy Support:
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ 4 monoscythe, 2x Dissies

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ 4 monoscythe, 2x Dissies

Ravager w/ 3 DL

BlindGunn
02-07-2011, 11:55 AM
First - Razorwings: While Deep Striking is useful - you do have 12" movement onto the board and fire on the turn you come in if you come in as a regular reserve. Beware of scattering your Razorwings into bad locations / situations.

Also, may want to consider upgrading the Splinter Rifles to Splinter Cannons - 6 shots vs 1 at 24".

Finally - if you update to Splinter Cannon, you may want to keep the Dark Lances - just to have the option of going after tanks.

That's all for the Razorwings! ;)

=================

You've got lots of shooting, but other than the Incubi and Mandrakes, not much HtH. May want to designate one of the Reaver Squads to Use Caltrops so they can kill a few more infantry by over-flight. Maybe drop a Warrior Team or two for some Wyches?

Warriors squads are kind of small. Not sure how long they will last once they loose their raiders. If you don't go for Wyches, I would consider dropping a squad to boost the size of the other squads. That's a preference thing. If you're good with MSU tactics (I'm not), you could be ok.

Good Luck!

Drakonize
02-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the advice BlindGunn!

I managed 3 more games with them, and I took your advice for both Reavers and Razorwings. (I would love to put wyches in to but I just can't find the points)

Dropping one warrior squad and bumping one reaver squad to 6 and adding 2 caltrops to make a "double threat" unit adds yet another target to focus on for my opponent and the cal trops are just devastating. An average of 8 s4 auto hits and 7 s6 auto hits on anything will put out a few wounds.

Razorwings with dark lances are just mean. Without the lances after they blow their missiles they are ignored, and I have two lovely double dissy paperweights floating around the table being useless. Now with dark lances they either pop more armor, attract a lot of fire away from my other units (Im using valks to proxy so never any cover) or ID something during the initial missile barrage. I'm very biased against dissies now.

As for my MSU tactics, I've been keeping my warriors disembarked and in cover or out of LoS so I rarely lose more then 2. I really don't use them for much other then last turn objective grabs.

**Updated list in first post!**

BlindGunn
02-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Glad I could help!

Razorwings have been in my inventory since VDR and Forge World in 3rd edition (when my opponents allowed them). They were the most over-priced fliers in the game, but if you VDR'd an extra Dark Lance or Splinter Cannon - the cost dropped and they were more reasonable.

The change to Disintegrator Cannons was to me, the biggest mistake in the new DE Codex. Before, you could go full power and have a light/medium anti-vehicle weapon to take the load off the Dark Lances. Now - they're strictly Anti Infantry (IMHO). Now I need to rip them off 1/2 my old Raiders and find the Dark Lances on the old sprues (if I haven't thrown them out). :mad:

Glad the MSU tactics are working for you. I'm the first to admit I play too agressively with smaller squads. I understand the theory - I just can't seem to behave and use it! :o

Maybe I'm a frustrated Khorn player and didn't realize it until now... :confused: