PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar: Upcoming 750 point Tourney

Lord Inquisitor
08-30-2009, 10:00 PM
So I've got a tournament coming up on Saturday and think I have a good list. Been smashing my brothers all over the place with it. That usually always happens though, so I'm still not feeling great about it.
HQ:
Archon- Punisher, Shadow field, Combat Drugs, Tormentor Helm, Plasma Grenades.137
Troops:
10 man Warrior Squad- 2 Dark Lances.100
5 man Raider Squad- Syrabite, Agoniser, Blaster, Disentigrator.131
Heavy Support:
Ravager- 3 Disentigrators.120

So my Archon runs around with one of the 5 man squads in a Raider. My ten man sniper squad hangs out beside any objectives and takes out vehicles and monstrous creatures. My Ravager sort of sits around in the back and hits anything. My Raiders run around hitting stuff. If I have to my guys might jump out and take some people out, but thats only if I feel like it is needed. I took the Blasters because the 2 lone Dark Lances were having a little trouble taking care of business by themselves. I try to stay out of assaults but when I charge someone I go for the win.

mkerr
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
So I've got a tournament coming up on Saturday and think I have a good list.

The list looks pretty nasty for 750pts. I have a few comments:

1. I wouldn't go all Disentegrators on my Raiders. I think you need at least a couple of Dark Lances on Raiders.

2. Your Archon is a bit pricey in a 750pt game. You really don't need a heavy hitter like that. I'd go with a Wych Dracite and drop a couple of the upgrades.

3. You don't really need Sybarites (or Agonizers) on your Raider squads. I'd use those points to add more Raiders.

4. I'd drop the Warrior squad, if you have more Raiders. This army really screams "All Raiders" to me. Holding objectives isn't a real problem for Raiders with Nightshields (and your Raiders need Nightshields).

Lord Inquisitor
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
The list looks pretty nasty for 750pts. I have a few comments:

Thanks this will actually be my first time to play them out of the house.

1. I wouldn't go all Disentegrators on my Raiders. I think you need at least a couple of Dark Lances on Raiders.

Thats what I have all the blasters and sniper squad for. But do you think I need more than 7 Dark Lances? I played there last time with guard and no one was really mech heavy.

2. Your Archon is a bit pricey in a 750pt game. You really don't need a heavy hitter like that. I'd go with a Wych Dracite and drop a couple of the upgrades.

3. You don't really need Sybarites (or Agonizers) on your Raider squads. I'd use those points to add more Raiders.

I've thought about that but the problem is I've just started Dark Eldar and after this list I only have about 14 more Warriors and 7 Incubi. I'm also worried about Tyranid monstrous creatures and wanted a last ditch option.

4. I'd drop the Warrior squad, if you have more Raiders. This army really screams "All Raiders" to me. Holding objectives isn't a real problem for Raiders with Nightshields (and your Raiders need Nightshields).

I'll try to fit in Nightshields somewhere. Thanks for the advice though!

islyfe
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
drop archon for a haemonculus w/ destructor(or 2), drop sybarites, pick up more lances and raider squads

Lord Inquisitor
09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Again the problem of not having the stuff...