PDA

View Full Version : Few more newb ork q's

Vosage
08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
So if i have 12 Burnaz in a trukk, run the trukk 12" and then want to shoot with them, do i place a single template out of the truck and multiply the number of hits by 12? or do i place each template seperatly?

If i have 12 Tankbustaz in a trukk is the trukk bound by the "glory hogs" rule as well? or does the trukk overide the passengers "glory hogs" rule?

If a single space marine discovers an ork camp, how many gretchin does it take to sound the alarm?

Thanks for your time, i really apprieciate the help?

Culven
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
So if i have 12 Burnaz in a trukk, run the trukk 12" and then want to shoot with them, do i place a single template out of the truck and multiply the number of hits by 12? or do i place each template seperatly?
Technically, no, but the end result would be the same since the theoretical posistions of the models in the Transport is irrelevant.

If i have 12 Tankbustaz in a trukk is the trukk bound by the "glory hogs" rule as well? or does the trukk overide the passengers "glory hogs" rule?
Neither, I think. The Transport would only gain the unit special rules if something specifically stated that it does (Scout for example). Also, I do not believe that the Transport will prevent the unit from being subject to "Glory Hogs". Unfortunately, I do not have the Ork Codex to hand to verify the wording of the rule.

Havik110
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM

If a single space marine discovers an ork camp, how many gretchin does it take to sound the alarm?

Thanks for your time, i really apprieciate the help?

If you move a vehicle 12 inches passengers cannot shoot out of it...they must disembark to shoot...even open topped vehicles...This sucks as it limits what DE raider squads can do...

Aldramelech
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM

37.534 approx.

Nabterayl
08-31-2009, 10:18 AM
You can just multiply the number of hits by 12. You place each template separately, but you place each template separately before resolving any hits, so nothing stops you from separately placing each template in the exact same place. As Havik110 points out, though, you can't shoot out of a trukk if it's moved faster than Combat Speed. Being Fast has no effect on passengers' shooting.

The trukk is not bound by Glory Hogs, nor does it override it. Remember that Glory Hogs only says that you must shoot at an enemy vehicle if one is in line of sight, and you must attempt to assault an enemy vehicle if one is in line of sight. It does not affect the tankbustaz' Movement phase. Thus, you can put your tankbustaz in a trukk and the trukk is free to move normally, and the tankbustaz are under no compulsion to disembark. If that means that the tankbustaz can't shoot because the trukk moved too fast, oh well. If they can't assault because they didn't disembark, oh well. If the trukk has moved to a position where they can't see any enemy vehicles, they are free to shoot at whatever they please.

sorienor
09-02-2009, 04:05 AM
A lot of people misunderstand the glory hog rule.

The few times I've played tankbustas, my opponent has consistently done things like park speeders in front of whirlwinds thinking that they have to shoot the closest vehicle.