PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Warmachines and runes

Dooley
02-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Ok here is a fun question that was slammed into my face today!

Dwarfs can put Runes on their warmachines thusly making them "MAGIC WEAPONS".
If I am a Skaven player and am using the Storm Banner, will it affect the Runic weapons?

Ny buddy says that now his war machines fire Magic Missles and thus are NOT affected by the banner?

I think I know the answere to this but I just wanted a second opinion! Is this a case of rules as written or rules as intended thing.

The way I WOULD LIKE to see it is: yes they are magic. But NO WERE does it say that they are MAGIC MISSILES!

In case you are wondering the wording for the banner is such "The banner can be activated......and missile fire is at -2 to hit. All non-magical missile attacks that dont use BS to hit their target need to roll a 4+......

TheBitzBarn
02-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Magic Missles are a Spell Class. So NO the Runic Cannon is NOT a Magic Missle but a cannon with Rune Bonuses. That is a Crap Play and Call

Dooley
02-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Ok so this argument literally did not let me sleep! No really its damn near 2 AM! Went and got me the Errata/FAQ and got it all cleared up! The Non-Magic missile part has been removed! Hooray!

Shelfunit
03-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally the runed up cannon/grudgethrowers were exempt from the stormbanner as they were "magical missiles that did not use BS".
The skaven FAQ changed this and now runed up warmachines - and skaven catapaults etc are affected by the banner. This was changed specifically to prevent dwarfs shooting skaven.

bigman45
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
If you put that rune on a bolt thrower that makes it strengh 7, does it make the bolt thrower have magic attacks for hurting Ethereal units?

Le_Dragon
07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
@bigman
my interpretation is yes.

Once you put a single rune on anything its attack and the item itself becomes magical.

Lord Castellan
07-06-2011, 09:40 PM
If you put that rune on a bolt thrower that makes it strengh 7, does it make the bolt thrower have magic attacks for hurting Ethereal units?

Putting a rune on ANYTHING automatically makes it magical.

Lord Azaghul
07-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Putting a rune on ANYTHING automatically makes it magical.

This is 100% correct.