rhino dozer extra=55
10 wolf guard powerfist =200
rhino dozer extra=55
land speeder melta,melta =80
land speeder HB, HB =60
longfangsx5 4missile lunchers =115
vindicator extra, shield =140
total =1992

the thing i like about this list is it is a normal list while i get the punch of the guard. this list really isn't smaller than a normal list.

please comment and tell me the real question is it reasonable and can it be played on the regular?
What about tournys???

B-rock
02-15-2011, 02:53 PM
will someone plz at least tell me it is bad!

Whoop!
02-15-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't think it's bad. But I think if you are not going to upgrade Wolf guard any further, you may as well stick with grey hunters. at least then you get some free stuff like the second melta.

Also also the extra attack that the wolf guard has is equaled out by the grey hunters Bolter and bolt pistol.

Mark of theWulfen is cheaper and just as effective as a power fist. It's rending and you get 1d6 +1 attacks without a charge.

I don't know that it would make a big difference changing out the wolf guard for the grey hunters, just how I would change it.

Whoop!
02-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I bet popin open that redeemers front hatch is a lot of fun! Delivery right to their front door!

Now that's a nice hammer.

BlindGunn
02-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Power fist is better at popping open vehicles than Rending, I find.

I do agree - unless you're paying for the extra weapons and upgrades for the Guard, the Grey Hunters would be a better deal - Bolters, bolt pistols and CC weapons for free. One free Special weapon for the 10 man squads will be useful. It'll save you some points and be able to afford some extra toys. Maybe keep the 9-man squad as Guard and make both 10-man squads Grey Hunters.

Don't normally bother with Dozer blades for the Rhinos. Usefull on the Vindicator, though.

Nice you only have 1 squad of Long Fangs - Your opponents will love you for it! I do like the Vindicator Tank - very much what I would think all Wolf armies would want to include.

May want to consider a Heavy Flamer on the one speeder instead of two HBs. Historically - a very popular choice. However, With your low-number of Anti-Tank squads, may want to consider adding a Melta instead of 2 HBs or a flamer?

DarkLink
02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
A meltagun is better at poping vehicles than either a fist or rending. And you can have all three in a hunter squad if you really want.

Whoop!
02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Dark Link is right, You should have all three in a gray hunter squad.

Meltagun, Powerfist, Mark of the Wulfen.....The trinity of victory.

BlindGunn
02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Meltas are fine - if you can hit with them!

If I roll a single dice - it'll roll a "1". I avoid single-shot weapons like the plague! :(

Besides - you should have 2! Second Melta in a 10-man Hunter squad is FREE. ;)

(Though I usually go for Plasma Guns over Meltas. Good vs light vehicles and instakills most infantry.)

Mark of the Wolfen is an option - not a requirement. If I need to save some points, that's something I can live without. Nice to have, but won't affect my game if I don't have it.

Unless I'm fighting a Land Raider, Power Fists are usually fine. If I'm up against a Raider, usually I want a Lascannon or Demolisher Cannon at a distance. I usually don't want to know what's inside a Land Raider by getting too close - I want it (and its cargo) as far away as possible...

DarkLink
02-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, well, meltas always hit on a 3+. Powerfists are much less reliable, and much more expensive. Unless your opponent never moves his vehicles.

thecactusman17
02-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Very reseasonable. But the taste is going to be much stronger ; )