PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt Dark Angels turni list ideas.

dethangel
02-15-2011, 12:20 AM
i have a 2000 pt turni coming up in about 5 weeks and im playin the good old DA. i basicly put this list together because i have all the models and i like a fast army(please dont say play BA that doesn't help me.)
HQ.
Sammual Landspeeder BS5 14/14/10 tlac, tlhb
rites of battle leadership 10
= 205pts
inquisitor chaplin SB, term armor
=145pts
Elite.
terminator squad 2THSS, 3 LCS, and CML
=235pts
terminator squad PW, 2CF, and assault cannon
=255pts
Troop.
ravenwing 6 bikes 1 pw 2 plasma guns, meltabombs and apothicary
1 attack bike multi-melta
1 landspeeder assault cannon and HB
=435pts
ravenwing 6 bikes 1pw, 2 meltas, and melta bombs
1 attackbike multi-melta
1 landspeeder assault cannon and HB
=405pts
Fast.
ravenwing support 2x LandSpeeder 1 w/ MM, 1w/ typhoonML and HB
=140pts
ravenwing support 2x landspeeder 1 w/ MM and AC, 1w/ HB and TML
=175 pts
Total 1995
this army plays very fast the bikes scout move allowing me to take objectives first or Dwing assault some terminators right in the middle of the enemy drawing all the attention and allowing the bikes and speeders hammer away at the soft spots or armor. its not a big army with 12 bikes, 11 term, 7 LS, and 2 ABs but the whole army is fearless and relentless with 8 seperate scoring units.everything except the terms move 24". ive tryed this against tau(raped them), chaos(did good),demons(did ok) troop heavy IG(hammered them)would like to try IG with more tanks. i havent played any SM armys or DE/eldar so i dont know how it will do on them.
so this is what im thinking of using for the turniment. tell me what you think. will this be compeditive? how will it play against SM, eldar/DE and tyrnids?

Tynskel
02-15-2011, 07:13 AM
I think dropping one ravenwing squad for 2 tactical squads will aide your design, or tactical squad and assault squad.

blackarmchair
02-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Dark Angels have a bad codex.

The new FAQ breathed some new life into termie spam but as far as I'm concerned the only thing ravenwing is good for is carrying meltas and placing teleport homers for your deathwing.

If you're gonna play DA termie spam. At least 5 squads with TH/SS & Cyclone Missile Launcher.

If you want a speedy shooty army you're better off with C:SM or Blood Angels...

Getting to the list however. I think you're placing a bit too much stock in the survivability of a few AV10 vehicles; consider the top three tourney armies: Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Blood Angels (in that order). All three of them have the ability to blow all of them off the table in 1 turn (In 2000pts every IG player will be rocking at least 3 hydras).

That leaves you with two bike squads, two terminator squads and Sammual to threaten an entire army...it's not gonna be pretty. You're going to need bodies - take marines if you must but given the codex it should be terminators.

eagleboy7259
02-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Dark Angels have a bad codex.

The new FAQ breathed some new life into termie spam but as far as I'm concerned the only thing ravenwing is good for is carrying meltas and placing teleport homers for your deathwing.

If you're gonna play DA termie spam. At least 5 squads with TH/SS & Cyclone Missile Launcher.

If you want a speedy shooty army you're better off with C:SM or Blood Angels...

Getting to the list however. I think you're placing a bit too much stock in the survivability of a few AV10 vehicles; consider the top three tourney armies: Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Blood Angels (in that order). All three of them have the ability to blow all of them off the table in 1 turn (In 2000pts every IG player will be rocking at least 3 hydras).

That leaves you with two bike squads, two terminator squads and Sammual to threaten an entire army...it's not gonna be pretty. You're going to need bodies - take marines if you must but given the codex it should be terminators.

I think you're dead on. Unless you're using Belial there is really nothing that using the DA book offers you that the Vanilla one doesn't do better. With the small exception of Sammy, but you have to remember that units hit on the rear armor when in assault to the AV 14 only helps you against shooting. Same thing with Fearless, wonderful vs. shooting but the minute those bikes get into assault they're dead. Chapter Tactics really helps out biker squads.

When using this list against super shooty armies or fast assault armies (ie the top 3 tournament lists - IG, BA, SW) I would play the reserves game. AV10 doesn't really matter that much when they can't shoot you, and you're fast enough to arrive and through outflanking position yourself so you can do some damage. Due to the Deathwing Assault units that means that you'd end up with one terminator squad chilling in the open on turn 1. I would then drop that squad and take a Drop Pod Dreadnought. Belial would be another thing to consider, he'll give you scoring terminators that you can make into super terminators. TH&SS with a missile launcher and FNP = super unit that the enemy needs to send one heck of a lot of fire at to kill.

dethangel
02-16-2011, 09:38 AM
i realize that the DA codex is old and not very compeditive. i pretty sure i will be the only one using DA in the turni. this is why i was thinking of going for a fast army. SW and BA have better and cheaper terminators. no one has better bikes maybe cheaper ones. the true strenght of the list lies in turn 0 and turn1. the raven guard will scout move turn 0 and then on turn 1 DW assault the shooty terms and if im playin a shooty army like IG i will assault them before they can get a shot off (if i go 1st that is ) . meanwhile the 7 land speeders (yes 7, more than a few) have 4 Assault cannons(1TL bs5), 2 Multi-meltas(4 if you include the Attack bikes), 2 typhoon ML, and 5 heavy bolters(1TL bs5)thats 13 heavy weapons. will smash the hydras of the board before they can use them. the hydras cant even scratch sammi's AV14 who would spearhead the attack.
if i go second most stuff will be in reserve or hiding in cover until my first turn.
if im fighting a fighty army i go on the defence use the bikes to protect the landspeeders and DWassault the terms in and rape the fighty ones with 15 heavy weapon shots per turn.
well thats the idea. i might catch a few players off guard . :D

eagleboy7259
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Alpha Strike and pray they don't steal the initiative? You must have been a guard player in a previous life...

DA does terminators about as well as any other army. The thing with Logan is that he is a 275pt character, Belial is only 130pts. That and Belial is 2+/3++ wheras Logan is 2+/4++. Sure each army allows you to take Terminators as troops, but in a Space Wolves list you have no choice in taking additional HQ's making up close to 1/4 or more of your army at this point. That and stubborn is like fearless minus the garbage that fearless units take in assault for being fearless.

Personally I think that DA have some of the worst bikes. 1 attack and the marine stat line? In addtion to only having the option of taking 3 or 6 of them? Oh and the expensive cost only to get access to an outflanking expensive Land Speeder, nope no thanks. There are many better ways to get a teleport homer into a vanilla list, or scout bikers that serve the same purpose for cheaper. BA bikes can have furious charge, SW bikes have +2 attacks on the charge, BT bikes can have 3 power/special weapons and re-roll to hit, CSM bikes start with 2 attacks and have marks which means they're expensive but still better, Vanillia bikers can also be troops, can have the same abilities through either Shrike or Khan, can be taken as FNP command squads with better options and are cheaper.

But all things considered I really like your list, Dark Angels are my favorite chapter with BT being a close second. I think the DA model range looks outstanding - alot better than the puppies who just look ridiculous IMOP.

blackarmchair
02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey...back off my puppies...they'll bite.

Jokes aside, DA have awesome Terminators. They're the only army that can do Assault Terminators with Cyclone Missile Launchers CHEAPLY. You talk about 15 heavy weapons shots per turn? Get this.

You can - in 2000pts - fit Belial (with special apothecary squad), 4x Termie squads each with a TH/SS and 1 with TH/SS & CML, two sets of 3 bikes and 1 attack bike (melta'd to the teeth AND they have teleport homers for your termies) and 3x dakka preds.

This gets you 25 terminators (Total of 10 rockets per turn), 6 bikes and 2 attack bikes (2 multi-meltas, 2 meltas and 2 combi-meltas) AND 3 dakka preds for hordes and rhino-busting. That's 27 heavy weapon shots per turn, the list is MORE survivable and hits harder. What do you really give up? Some AV10 skimmers that die the second anyone glances one? A couple of bikes that shoot like a tactical squad and can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag? Sammual is meh imho he's gimmicky but everyone has melta out the butt so he'll be a magnet for that.

If you want to do a biker/speeder list it can be really good. Just use C:SM, you'll get the same stuff for cheaper.

dethangel
02-24-2011, 12:21 AM
after taken several beatings with the list, mostly chaos and demons. it did do good against some armys. ive devised a new list one i hope will be a little more universal then the last.

HQ;
Baliel 130 W/ THSS
I. Chaplin W/ term armor (reroll failed hits on assault) 145
Troop;
5 DW 4THSS, CML, apoth, standard 290
5 DW 5 THSS, CML 235
5 DW 1 PW, 1 CF, AC 250
5 DW 4 THSS, 1 CF, AC (or SB-PF, 1CF, AC) 250
Fast
6 RW bikes w/ 2meltas, meltabombs, PW
1 attack bike w/ multi-melta 310
Heavy;
[land raider crusader w/SB 255 ] or [ 3 vindicators 390]
[Vindicator w/ dozerblade, andSB 135 ] > [ with dozerblades ]
2000pts
the idea is split the RWing into 3 units and spread them out the scout move and Tele-homers are very important ( anyone who's lost 1000pts to deep strike mishaps will agree). DW assault the super terms (FNP, etra attack, reroll failed hits on assault) with baliel and I chap attached and the shooty terms that leaves 1 unit of shooty terms in reserve turn 1
load THSS terms into LR and charge them across the board with the vin and RW hunting tanks and cracking transports for the terms
im still building the 1 term squad the land raider and the vindicator so i havent played this list yet
so i dont know how well it will work but i think its better than the last.
tell me what you think...