PDA

View Full Version : A Bit of shameless self-promotion

ThePov
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Okay, see that little thing to the left of this post that says "Blog Posts" with a number under it? Click that number. Or, rather click that one you're done reading this.

That should link you to my fancy new BoLS user blog, a feature you may or not have heard about. So far, as far as I know, I'm the only person besides the ever amazing BigRed and BushidoRedPanda to use this feature, which is really quite a shame. I'm using MY blog as a repository for my 40K fiction and the occasional crazy army list idea, but really, I think more people should get on this. Modellers can post their work there. Writers can post stuff there. People with strong opinions can rant there without derailing existing threads (there is a handy "blog this post button" avaiable to aid with this). You can still post this stuff on the actual forums as well, but it allows people to follow your thoughts in particular.

So go write a blog post! Really, its fun! And of course, bask in the glory (or crapiness, you decide) of mine.

Chumbalaya
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
While we're doing shameless self promotions...

I don't have a user blog, but I would refer people to my WIP blog in my sig.

RogueMarine
09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
lol at least he was honest about the shamelessness

Aldramelech
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
:DJust started mine

oni
09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
I've got to much effort into my blog to start another one here.

Yet another shameless plug in 3... 2... 1...

Pit of the Oni a Warhammer 40,000 Blog
http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com/

:p

TheKingElessar
09-01-2009, 11:12 AM
I've got to much effort into my blog to start another one here.

Yet another shameless plug in 3... 2... 1...

Pit of the Oni a Warhammer 40,000 Blog
http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com/

:p

What he said.

Except that it's Mind War FTW (http://hobbyinfobythekingelessar.blogspot.com).

Figure most of you know that by now anyway, lol.

Valdore
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
So far, as far as I know, I'm the only person besides the ever amazing BigRed and BushidoRedPanda to use this feature, which is really quite a shame.

Says who? You commented on mine earlier :p

So next shameless plug:

My various modeling and painting projects will be being updated on my blog, the ones that have forum topics will be updated there as well, but other projects might end up just in the blog.

So far, there's just a reminder of my current progress on the Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress, but more posts will come sporadically :D

Joeker
09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't really understand the attraction to forum hosted blogs - why not use a free one externally then you get full controll, and link to it in your signature file?

Joe

gilbert93dt
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't really understand the attraction to forum hosted blogs - why not use a free one externally then you get full controll, and link to it in your signature file?

Joe

Very Valid point. However, setting up a personal blog can be a pain, and just doing this one forum based allowed easier access for us.

Muras
09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. I mighta never noticed that those are present without the self promotion there :p

TheKingElessar
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Forum Blogs also don't take traffic from here. lol

Valdore
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Why am I using the one on here?

Because I wouldn't use an external one enough to justify the time spent setting it up etc.

Because it is tied into the forum, and because I'm visiting the forum anyway I get free publicity with it next to my post each time I post ;)

Because I'm lazy :D

I think that covers everything!

ThePov
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Why am I using the one on here?

Because I wouldn't use an external one enough to justify the time spent setting it up etc.

Because it is tied into the forum, and because I'm visiting the forum anyway I get free publicity with it next to my post each time I post ;)

Because I'm lazy :D

I think that covers everything!
Agreed. I'm just to lazy to warrant setting up my own off-site and being frustarated as it gets ZERO views.

ThePov
09-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Another Shameless plug! New story, the first bit of an "origin story" of sorts of my Imperial Guard army, is up on mu blog. Click that little number under my name plz!

sorienor
09-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Nothing wrong with self-promotion, especially if you realize it's shameless :D

person person
09-06-2009, 11:39 PM
I just wrote some miscallanios stuff to see how it works

CrusherJoe
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, I figured I'd go ahead and put the blogging engine through its paces and see how it works. Very easy to set up and modifiy, though (by nature, being a forum-hosted blog and not a full-blown hosted blog engine) very limited in customizability (which it should be, honestly, if you wanna go nuts with customizing a blog, there's many, many sites that are purpose-built for that).

To that end, I reposted something from my main blog here, and will probably continue to do so. I figure if I really want to rant about something here I can blog it here as well (though I'll probably cross-post any of those posts, too -- my time is at a premium, so pretty much anything I write I have to squeeze as much milage out of it as I can :) ).

Anyway, enjoy my rant, if you do check it out. :)

Shameless? Sure.

Aldramelech
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Shameless?

READ MY BLOG!
lol;)

oni
09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Shameless?

READ MY BLOG!
lol;)

Been there... seen those...

and they're still awesome. :p

ThePov
09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Agreed, everything I've seen so far has been great.

BTW, new little rant up, this one's for the fluff-junkies. I'm considering posting it on the main forum, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?