PDA

View Full Version : Screamer Killer

Spellscape
08-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi all

I have old 2nd ed Screamer Killer
But he is a little small compared to new one
Is it OK to play with tit (mounted on new base) or should I make for it higher base?

Culven
08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
It is a legal GW model. I see no problems with using it as-is; though, putting it on a 60mm base like the new version is rather nice of you.

Jackmojo
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
They make for nice Hive tyrants or oversized broodlords too...

Jack

Absolutionis
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
As long as you bought it as a legitimate GW model of its time, it is still a completely legal model.

Jive Tyrant
09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Is it OK to play with tit (mounted on new base) or should I make for it higher base?

Best. Typo. Ever.

PopFenton
09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
It all really lies in your intent with that model. If someone is attempting to use it to gain an unfair advantage then that is not alright, but if they are not attempting to do that then by all means use it.

Tom
09-02-2009, 04:59 AM
Generally its accepted that if the model is mounted on the base it came with then its usable.

Another example is the older terminators which came on the 25mm bases.

Tom

Ulf
09-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I use an old Carnifex, and I use it on the old, smaller base. I don't think there's much of a unfair advantage in a small base, most of the time it does not matter at all, and sometimes (like when you want to have as much base to base as possible) it's even a disadvantage, but that's not the point. IMHO it just looks ridiculous on the huge base. I also use a new Fex, and it totally dwarves the old one, so I use the old model as a leightweight elite choice only.

Capn Stoogey
09-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Best. Typo. Ever.

Awesomeness

Anthony Yeates
09-05-2009, 02:54 AM
As has been said, it's a legal GW model so theres no problem. I would rebase it to the 60mm to bring it in line with the current models but you don't have to.

the_puritan
09-05-2009, 05:45 AM
I use the old model as a leightweight elite choice only.
i can only agree here...
your smaller "babyfex" will look more elite-like and less heavy than the bigger plastic one, even if that is literally not the case.

EDIT: although i must admit that the guys at my FLGS shamed me into using the "right" sized base.
...though, think of all the cool basing you can do with all that extra space!

Bon_Vivant
09-07-2009, 05:54 PM
EDIT: although i must admit that the guys at my FLGS shamed me into using the "right" sized base.
...though, think of all the cool basing you can do with all that extra space!

Don't let them push you around like that. Remember it's your game also. Anyone who's that tightly wound up in the minutia of the rules deserves to be a little uncomfortable. Make em squirm a little bit. ;)