PDA

View Full Version : Rallying and casting

Arch_Bishop
02-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Greetings,

So I know this is something of a tired, old subject, but I would like to bring it up again.

If a unit containing a wizard rallies, can that wizard cast in the magic phase?

The BRB does not say anything either way, so in my opinion, this would mean that he (or she, let's be pc) can.

It specifically says that a fleeing wizard cannot cast (though he may dispel, thanks to the FAQ!), but it doesn't mention anything about rallying.

I am also aware that in 7th edition, it specifically said that he could one way or the other (I believe it was that he could).

What is the general consensus where you play?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bean
02-18-2011, 03:47 AM
As far as I'm aware, you're right: Wizards are allowed to cast by default, and there doesn't seem to be anything about rallying which prevents them from doing so.

novatomato
02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
yeah, when a unit rallies it is pretty much just treated as if the unit had moved (so -1 to shooting).

gcsmith
02-18-2011, 10:26 AM
yes u may cast magic after rallying, and nova check ur pms already :)

Arch_Bishop
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks all for the help.

yeah, when a unit rallies it is pretty much just treated as if the unit had moved (so -1 to shooting).

Not true. A rallied unit cannot shoot.

"A rallied unit cannot perform further actions during the movement phase, and loses it opportunity to make a shooting attack in the shooting phase.....".

Arch_Bishop
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I have also noticed that the BRB doesn't specifically say that you can cast after marching either, but it seems to be an excepted norm.

Gives further credence to my opinion that they can cast after rallying.

novatomato
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
yeah sorry, I'm thinking of skirmishers or fast cav.