PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy 2500 pt Tournament @ Giga-Bites Cafe 2/20/11

Sergeant Horse
02-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Kind of last minute, but if your around the Atlanta area, come check it out!

http://gigabitescafe.com/forum/index.php?topic=969.0

This will be a 2500 point tournament beginning at 10 am on 2/20/2011 players are expected to arrive by 9.30 am for Registration.
The entry fee will be $30 and $20 for Rolling Bones Club members.

Each player will need to bring along a 2500 point army (does not need to be painted but should be WYSIWYG) their army book a copy of the rule book tape measure dice and a printed copy of their armies FAQ. Finally each player will need to bring 3 copies of their Army list. This should be either done on Excel/Open office or Army builder. Army Builder is available in the Store if you do not have it at home.

MAGIC Please arrive at the store with the lore of magic used by each mage clearly marked at the top of the list and next to each mage. These cannot be changed between games any more.

The Tournament will take place over 4 rounds with 2 for each round. At the 15 minutes left mark if you are not at the last turn you should aim to complete the current turn then finish your game.

Each round will use the Scenarios from the BRB. Round one will be the Battle Line Scenario, Round 2 will be Dawn Attack Round 3 will be meeting Engagement and Round 4 will be Blood and Glory. (You will need to include at least 2 banners in Your Army.)

Points will be awarded as follows:

20 Massacre Score more than Double your opponent
15 Victory Score 101 or more victory points than your opponent
10 Draw Score within 100 Vps of each other
5 Defeat Score 101 or less VPs than your opponent
1 Massacred Your opponent has more than double your number of victory points.

Victory points are awarded as per page 143 in the BRB
(Please note for Round 4 the results will be a Massacre Draw or Massacred there will be no intermediate points)

Sportsmanship

Points will be awarded by players for sportsmanship

5 Points this was the best game of my life I have proposed to my opponent and the first child is due in April
4 Points this was a great game of Fantasy I will look to play this opponent again.
3 This was a good game that I enjoyed.
2 This was not an easy game to play there were some disputed that the TO was required to resolve.
1 My opponent is Evil I never want to play him again.

The average score you give should be 3 for each round you may be required to justify scores other than 3.

Painting.
There will be 10 points towards your final score for painting

Leaner dice
These should be reviewed with your opponent and re rolled if he requests it.

Rules disputes
This is a new edition and it is inevitable that there will be some difference of opinion. If you cannot agree an interpretation then request the TO to come over to adjudicate. The TO's ruling is final and cannot be disputed.

Odd number of players
In the event of an odd number of players there may be a ringer army available or you may be requested to sit out the round this will be at the TO's discretion.

Terrain
Each table will be set up with terrain as per the new rules for terrain There will be information determining each piece

Rules clarification

1)The January 2011 FAQ is in place and in use for this event
2) With the Following spells Dwellers Below and Final Transmutation you may make a look out sir roll however if the roll is passed the one model will automatically die representing the model saving his general then not being able to save themselves.
3) The folding Fortress/Tower magic item may not be taken to this event.