PDA

View Full Version : Tyrant Legion

Fellend
02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
I just want to ask if anyone has tried playing with the Imperial Armour 9 (Badab War) Tyrant Legion list?
I know it's not the best of lists but I find it so tempting to use guardsmen as bulletshields for my Space Marines, they are worthless human beings after all...

So anyway, Is it viable? Can it win or history bound to repeat itself as it gets burnt to ashes by the Divine Wrath of the Emperor?

Anyway Here's my list:
Captain Corien Sumatris HQ 1x Corien Sumatris 165p

Centurion Agarond HQ 1x Centurion Powerfist 25 70p

Okuro's Retaliators Elite 5x Retaliators 2x Power Weapons 25, TWLC Razorback 75 200p

Tomaranai's Retaliators Elite 6x Retaliators 2x Power Weapons 25, TWLC Razorback 75 215p

Mor'deth's Cohort Troop 20x Space marines 4x Plasma guns 60 360p

The 412th Troop 40x Auxiliaries 4x Flamers 150p

The 413th Troop 40x Auxiliaries 4x Flamers 150p

The 414th Troop 40x Auxiliaries 4x Flamers 150p

Auxilla FS Team 78th HS 6x Fire teams, 1x Prefect 6x Autocannons 30 120p

Auxilla FS Team 79th HS 6x Fire teams, 1x Prefect 6x Autocannons 30 120p

"Siegebreakers" HS 2x Thunderers 2x Hunter Killer Missiles 20 300p

The general Idea is that the autocannons and plasma guns and lases (first turn the hunter killers as well) try to open up any transports. The Auxiliaries will advance (hopefully in cover) and act as a living bullet shield, trying to rapid fire and flame anything that comes close.

After turn one, at least something should be demeched so I can shot it with plasma and demolisher cannons, or flame away. The centurion will hang out with the Auxiliaries to provide punch incase of assault (and prevent fallbacks) The Retaliators will do just that, they'll act as a rapid response unit and pounce on anything that wants to assault me.

My opponents list looks something like 5x Rhino, 50 marines, two plasma and pw, or 2 melta and pf in each squad plus a squad of raptors with flamers and pf led by a Demon Prince.