PDA

View Full Version : The New Armoured Battlegroup list

gwensdad
08-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Downloaded the 1.1 update to IA1 including the armoured battlegroup army list and I'm really really wanting to test out a force using it, but I've got some questions that maybe can be answered by discussion...

The old army list had "dependancies", i.e. you had to take a squadron command tank and that gave access to 2 tanks as troop choices. The new list refers to that in the "fluff", but never mentions it in the army list itself. The same question could apply to Armoured Fists, as the old list had 1 AF command squad allowed one to take 4 Armoured fist squads.

It seems that there was an intention to keep units dependent on one another, otherwise I see no point in taking a squadron command tank-but under the old rules that allowed 2 tanks. Under new rules might that allow 2 tank squadrons? This is how a see a possible force that would work fluff-wise:

HQ
commissar tank

Elite
squadron command tank
armoured fist command squad

Troops
Leman russ squadon (3 tanks)
Leman russ squadon (3 tanks)
Armoured fist squad
Armoured fist squad
Armoured fist squad
Armoured fist squad

or alternately, put in another squadron command tank replace 2 of the AF with LR squadrons.

Anyway, I think I'm just rambling due to lack of sleep. What does everyone else think?

jeffersonian000
09-01-2009, 03:53 AM
Seems reasonable, and very much like the original Armoured Company concept. Personally, I'm just glad FW gave us Ordo players our inducted Armoured Fist units back. :D

SJ