PDA

View Full Version : I got the Incubi disease!

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
So I was thinking 30 power weapons in 3+ armor would be friggin sweet. Add a Haemon and we got FNP also. WOW! so check this out and tell me what you think.

HQ

Archon w/ Venom Blade, Blast Pistol, Drugs, Shadowfield, Webway, Haywire grenades
Hamonculus w/ Flesh Guantlet, Liquifier Gun
Hamonculus w/ Flesh Guantlet, Liquifier Gun

ELITES

3 squads of 9 Incubi led by Klaivex in Raider w/ Flickerfields

TROOPS

2 squads of 10 Wyches led by Hekatrix w/ venom blade, squad has 2 hydra guantlet and haywire grenades
2 squads of Kabalites led by sybarite w/ venom blade and darklance

HEAVY

2 Ravagers w/ Nightshields

Archon and Haemons with Incubi and Wyches coming out of webway to support Incubi

So there you have it. I definatly see some probs dealing with walkers in melee and maybe vehicles but i got 10 darklances to deal with them. I havent played any games with the new dark eldar, so trying to get some input from some more veteren players.

Connjurus
02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't bother paying for the venom blade on your Sybarite. If your Warriors get into close-combat, they're probably screwed either way. Also, I'd say get a blaster on both squads instead of Dark Lances - mobility is the Dark Eldar's friend and this way you can still move and shoot.

davel
02-23-2011, 01:04 AM
ok looks fun

my thoughts are these
only 2 fragile troops you are going to struggle.

you have already invested a lot in cc choppyness i think the wyches won't have much left. a 2nd warrior squad may give you more anti tank.

this is the hammer unit approch to dark eldat my feeling is will be fun unless it runs into oppnents hammer unit with invunerables, I'd pack a shatter shard

dave l

BlindGunn
02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Have to agree -Wyches in this list are kind of weak, especially if you have them coming out of a Web Way Portal. You may be better off with another shooting unit, in which case, I woud drop the WWP as well.

Maybe use some of the points to buy Grenade Launcher for the Archon so his unit can charge into cover without penalties. Too bad Haemoculus can't.

I would also recommend a blaster for the Warrior squads in case they have to move and shoot. It's optional though.

Good Luck!

Archon Charybdis
02-23-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd consider dropping the number of Incubi to add another unit of Wyches or Warriors. There's really nothing 9 Incubi can kill that 5 or 6 Incubi can't. A 9 man squad plus archon is serious overkill in terms of handling your average MEQ or TEQ squad, but still not enough to reliably finish off TH/SS termies or TWC. You can take that ~200pts and buy another troop squad and upgrade some others.