PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warrriors

Morgan Darkstar
02-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Simple question

Should i run chaos warriors in blocks of

25 warriors five man wide and five ranks deep?

or

24 warriors six man wide and four ranks deep?

edit

"As i seem to have got a little overeager with the R key in the Title I christen this the chaos pirate thread ARRRGH me harties" lol :D

I NoSe
02-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I run my warriors in blocks of 24 and set them up 6 wide and haven't had a problem with it.

Brass Scorpion
02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I run my warriors in blocks of 24 and set them up 6 wide and haven't had a problem with it.Ditto. That has also worked well for me. I have four blocks like that, one for each of the four major Chaos powers. Pics. (http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-13937-4970_Chaos%20Warriors.html)

Thornblood
06-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, six wide. The extra warriors attacking is worth loosing the protection to your rank bonus.

BrokenWing
06-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I think you're getting good advice here. Personally I only run warriors in bigger games (usually in blocks of 50+) but I find that they almost never need that extra rank bonus, because they've killed so many people.

Morgan Darkstar
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow i had forgot i had posted this :D

6 wide seems to do the job. Thanks for the advice.

However i keep bouncing of Dwarves any ideas to help carve through them?

BrokenWing
06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
A hero choice, great weapons, halberds, frenzy...all help alot against dwarves.

If you're bouncing off their shooting...well...that's the problem with warrior heavy armies and why I don't use them (generally) in under 4,000 points.

Chronowraith
06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow i had forgot i had posted this :D

6 wide seems to do the job. Thanks for the advice.

However i keep bouncing of Dwarves any ideas to help carve through them?
If you are bouncing off of dwarven gunlines I'd suggest a few things.

1) Hellcannon
2) Chaos Knights eat dwarf ranged units alive
3) Tzeentch Sorceror on a disk

If you are bouncing off of Dwarves with Great Weapons (since most players give them all GW due to their low I value) try;
1) Tzeentch Warriors with HW & Shield (3+ Armor and 5+ Parry)
2) Chaos Trolls (4+ Regen, just remember most dwarven players load up on the flame rune on their warmachines)

Thornblood
06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Im a big fan of marauders.

In particular huuuge unit soak marauders that can soak up firepower. Accompanied by small units of marauders or hounds for the flank charge when you get there.

Whats even better can be a ton of marauder horsemen, lobbing axes or spears at a dwarf infantry unit, and charging shooters in the flank. Or warmachines.

Also, with marauder heavy, your opponent is wasting points by having lots of anti-armour units. Canon- kills five marauders as easily as five warriors.

And the big units can always contain the same characters, which are just as killy.

On the other hand if its combat thats the issue, i recommend marauders or hounds. Something cheap to charge in the side. Flails on marauders works well against armoured foes. If combat is the isseu however, yous till want to be engaging your opponent in the front with something particularly tough.- this way your combat resolution is already +1 for outnumbering, +1 for flank charge and you dont get a rank bonus before its even started. So if you have two ranks and a standard your already winning by +5 before you strike any blows in combat.

Morgan Darkstar
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all the advice people, it will come in useful when i next decide to bring them out to party.

celestialatc
06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I love giving Chaos Knights the banner that allows them a 5+ Ward Save in the shooting phase and then giving them the Mark of Tzeetch. 4+ Ward in the shooting phase scares the crap out of most gun lines and makes a great shield for your army.