PDA

View Full Version : 1500 BA vs Nid list

Wolfshade
02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Hello all,

I am playing a bug list and was wondering if anyone had any tips as it will be my first game with the new BA dex

HQ - Mephiston
Elite - Chaplain w/ Jump Pack
Elite - Sanguinary Priest w/ Jump Pack + Power Weapon
Elite - Furiouso Dreadnought w/ Blood Talons
Troop - 10 man Assault Squad w/ 2x Plasma Pistol + Power fist
Troop - 10 man Assault Squad w/ 2x Plasma Pistol + Power fist
Troop - 5 man Death Company w/ Jump Pack + 5x Power Weapons
Fast Attack - Vanguard Veterans w/ Jump Pack

1495 pts

Demonus
02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Seems like this is going to be a no holds barred, in your face, cc fight. Id suggest shooting them bugs, but I think it could be a fun bruhaha. Let me know how it goes!

camman1984
02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I use nids and i find blood angels lack the firepower to deal with me effectively. I think this list is going to find things difficult. I would personally avoid mephiston vs nids. He can be insane, but everything worth killing has shadow of the warp meaing 3d6 psychic tests within 12inches, and if he has any bonesword/sabres etc, lack of eternal warrior and invulnerable save on a model that cant join units is a liability.

Wolfshade
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I am unsure that I would agree with the comment re: fire power since that is also saying that all marines lack the fire power to deal wtih nids and have used a gun line sucessfully in the past.

I was concerned with the price cost of mephiston, though he managed to munch through just shy of 800pts of nids before being taken out. The shadow of the warp only caused one failed psyk test.

At the end of the 5th I was wiped out to a man, though the nids had a one wound flyrant, two wound carnifex, but a unit of stealers and gargolyes left.

I discovered that Blood Talons are awesome and Mephiston was better than I thought possible. The vanguard vets are just expensive assault marines.

So next time drop the vets, stip the assault marines and put them in razorbacks and another dread or two but fun times.

Tynskel
02-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Vanguard Veterans are a hammer unit, and much more productive if they are equipped that way. However, they are a points sink!

One of the tricky parts to designing a Blood Angels list is balancing the toys with a solid core. Your solid core need not necessarily be assault marines or tactical marines, but could be death company or scouts. That's a preference choice. However, I would either have Vanguard Vets or Death Company, not both. Otherwise you will lose balance to your list.

I think you could make some simple switches to your list to improve its abilities.
The new list has the same amount of models. There is a loss of a handful of attacks. However, you gain 3 Str 8 shots, a flamer, and a Hv Flamer. Not to mention, a second redonkulous character. Just the addition of the 2 flamers can more than make up for the loss of a few attacks. 3 more high strength, low AP shots will significantly tip things toward your favor against the big bugs. Also, the redistribution of the weapons significantly changes how the army performs.

1500/1500
HQ 250
Mephiston

TROOPS 1010
235 Assault Squad
-10 Marines, Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns
240 Assault Squad
-10 Marines, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, 2 Plasma Rifles
120 Assault Squad
-5 Marines, Power Weapon, Flamer
415 Death Company
-5 Marines, Jump Packs, 4 Power Weapons, Thunder Hammer, Chaplain Lemartes