PDA

View Full Version : How should I arm my chaos warriors??

geisthammer
02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm new to fantasy, so can someone advise me on how to equip a box of chaos warriors? Help it's my first warhammer unit ever. Also what should I buy after I have finished my warriors?

novatomato
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
well, that kinda depends on what mark you give the unit.
If you give the the mark of Tzeentch then I would arm then with hand weapon + shield combo, this gives them a nice 3+ armour save and a 5+ parry/ward save in CC.
Khorne go with additional and weapon or halberds. Lots and lots of attacks or just lots but high strength.
Slaneesh or Nurgle I don't really have much to say about either one of those as I don't really know what their marks do. (I think Slaneesh is Always Strike First and Nurgle gives a -1 to hit)

As for the rest of your army; Marauders are good chaff to have in any form, Hounds are cheap and fast, Chosen are possibly the best infantry in the game and Knights are possibly the best cavalry in the game.

I'd offer more advice but don't have much info on WoC but I will be watching this as I'm interested in starting one up.

I NoSe
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I run mine with the mark of Nurgle(-1 WS) and a shield. Shields allows them to survive longer while that -1 makes them hit elite models and even some characters on a 3+. Also NovaTomato Slaanesh makes 'em immune to psychology without giving them the rule. And as far as other units go definitely get yourself a Warshrine.

Vaktathi
02-25-2011, 05:25 PM
I run mine as Tzeentch with shields. 3+/5++ in combat on troops that are better than most other races Special choices is awesome. The 6++ also helps a bit with shooting. I think the HW/S combo looks the coolest as well.

Khorne is also very good with additional hand weapons or halberds, but a PITA to model.

Nurgle got slapped by the WoC FAQ, and Slaanesh just doesn't do much.

geisthammer
02-25-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm going to put some pics of a few warriors up on Monday guys.

Morgan Darkstar
02-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Currently i run Six units of 24 Warriors 3 units with hand weapon & shield + Mark of Tzeentch, Two with Dual Hand weapons & Mark of Khorne, and finaly a unit with Greatweapons and Mark of Khorne.

UltramarineFan
02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm still developping my own WoC, but in smaller games I've been doing blocks of 6x2 with MoK and additional hand weapon. Gives me 4 attacks per model (5 for champ) at WS5 and S4, can really be quite harsh and pose a threat to lots of things but also vunerable to concentrated or superior shooting or magic due to only having a 4+ save.