PDA

View Full Version : Best units and tactics for WoC.

geisthammer
02-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Help I'm in a quandary and don't know what to buy next. So what units are the best and what are the best tactics for said units. Can I use demons in a WoC army.what is the giant like. I'm new blood to warhammer so take it easy on me guys.

quinn
02-26-2011, 12:33 PM
These are pretty general questions with long answers, but I'll get it started for you. First, you can never go wrong with Core Warriors. Mark of Tzeentch with HW/Shield works well, as do Mark of Khorne with Halberd/Shield or Additional Hand Weapons. A big unit (40-50) Marauders of Khorne with Great Weapons is also a good unit to start with, usually your opponents will target it relentlessly and that will give your other units the opportunity to close into combat.
A lot of people swear by the Hellcannon and it's hard to argue with them. I've personally stopped using them, but that's just me. They are a good unit for the price.
Sorceror Lords are almost a must-have in 8th Edition, but they are very expensive. Usually, people take Sorc Lords of Tzeentch for the benefits to casting and the +1 for ward saves.
Combat Lords are rarely worth the points, a Hero level Chaos character is pretty good and is a better investment.
Chaos Trolls are pretty popular, but be prepared to either use Throgg or babysit them the entire game.
Chosen need to be the centerpiece of your army with the appropriate support (Warshrines) if you're going to use them at all. Most people run Chosen of Tzeentch with 2 Warshrines to get the maximum out of the unit. It is a big point sink and most people hate playing against them, but they can be nearly invincible with the right build and some luck.

Hope this helps a little bit. Go to Warseer for a lot of in-depth Tactical advice and no..you cannot take Daemons in a WoC army (with the exception of a Daemon Prince, which sucks).

Xenith
04-19-2011, 09:24 AM
You can only use the units that are in your army book, unless you are using the alliance rules, with your opponents permission. Check the rulebook for details.

Cessna
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Any viability for a Slaanesh army?

Connjurus
05-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Archaon the Everchosen, because he has a cool name. Who cares if he's almost 700 points?