PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Blood Angels

vyrago
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, I could use some advice on my 1500 pt list. this is a basic all-comers list. I dont have the codex at work here, but this is roughly my list:

Captain with power sword.

10 man tac squad with Rhino. (missile launcher + flamer or possibly melta gun)

5 man tac squad with Razorback. (razorback has TL Las-cannon.)

10 man assault squad. (vanilla jump-packers, BP and chainswords.)

5 man Death Company squad. (jump packs, 1 power sword, 1 thunder hammer)

1 Predator Tank. (autocannon and sponson heavy bolters)

1 Stormraven gunship

5 man Terminator Squad. (assault or shooty??)

1 Furioso Dreadnought.

that should be right around 1500. Any input? what kind of terminators should I get? all comments welcome.

Tynskel
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM
5 man assault squads are 10x better than 5 man tactical squad:

90 Tactical Squad
-5 Marines
90 Razorback
-Twin-Linked Lascannon

vs

125 Assault Squad
-5 Marines, Power Weapon, Meltagun
55 Razorback
-Twin-Linked Lascannon

Same points, same wounds. You lose 5 Bolters, but gain a meltagun, a power weapon, and 4 attacks.

Tactical Squads are best if taken in squads of 10. Comparing a 10 Man Assault Squad vs a 10 Man Tactical squad, the points are ~equal.

vyrago
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
You listed the razorback with TL las-cannons in both. I'd have to ditch those to get another 5 ASMs. The problem is that the razorback only has the las-cannon. (I didnt buy the bits for the HBs) and I dont have 5 extra assault marines. :S

Tynskel
02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I am confused. I gave the points n' everything.

Oh, wait-- the BA codex: Assault Marines may exchange their jump packs for a 35 point discount on a transport. So the Twin-Linked Lascannon Razorback is 55-35+35 for the assault marines.

vyrago
02-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Oh I see what you're saying. I didnt notice they were assault marines without jump packs. hmmm....not a bad idea. but I'll need 5 more assault marines. I intend to toss the captain in that razorback as well, and he's assaulty so that might work. I'll have to give that some thought. for the time being, I may just go with the 5 tac marines. They're almost painted up anyways.

any other ideas? Im still wondering about those termies. should I make them brawlers or shooters?

Tynskel
02-27-2011, 07:48 PM
coming from someone who loves terminators in all shapes n' sizes--- go with whatever: All terminators are brawlers. Sooooo many people forget that. The guns are just the difference between 'initiative 10' and 'initiative 4' wounds.

A lot of people like the Thunder Hammer terminators: I don't blame them, 2+ armor and 3+ invulnerable is pretty nice.

Here's how I use my terminators: If I am deep striking them, I tend to make them shooty. If they are going into a transport, I usually make them assaulty. What about deep striking transports? You could go either way!

By the way, your list, without getting any extra wargear, is hovering around 1500-1600 points.

vyrago
02-27-2011, 08:29 PM
hmmm. I figured it would be close. those Death Company guys really suck up the points. But I just like 'em! maybe i'll ditch a few assault marines. I tend to deep strike them anwyays, so having maybe 8 or 7 makes for a smaller 'flower' once you get them on the board.