PDA

View Full Version : Deathwing Escalation List

Dominic
03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Hiya Guys,

In the summer there's an escalation tournament, and I want an new army to collect and take with me, wanting a challenge, I have decided to start the Deathwing. This was mainly prompted by the FAQ changes, updating their wargear, making them more competive than they were :D

I'll go through the list at each stages, and comment on it then (1000, 1500, 2000) aswell as adding detail/notes as to what each squad is meant to do in their relevant entry. The only real restriction to the list is that I'm not allowed to take more than one HQ choice.

1000 Points

HQ

Belial

Lightning Claws

I chose the pair of LCs because with his higher than average I and 6 attacks on the charge (3 base + 1 for banner + 1 for 2 CCWs + 1 for charging = 6) he should be able to whittle down enemies in assult before they have time to really wreck the squad he is in; considering him and his squad charging in that Deathstar unit...

Troops

Deathwing Terminator Squadron

x2 TH/SS
x2 LCs
Deathwing standard
Cyclone Missile Launcher
Apothecary

This squad is desginged to be the main assault force of the army (backed up by other simerla ssquads obviously) the Standard is given to one TH/SS and the Cyclone Missile given to the other TH/SS (Belial obviously joins this squad)

x3 TH/SS
x2 LCs
Cyclone Missile Launcher

As usaul, the Cyclone is given to one of the TH/SS guys; this squads main role is to be the secondry assault force in the army, not much more can be said really :D

Chainfist
Heavy Flamer

This squad can have a variety of roles, it can either be used for contesting/claiming obkectives, or it can be used to lay in fire to big horde units.

Fast Attack

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (3 Bikes)
This squad is designed to scout in the first turn, preferably towards the enemy, so my Termis have a homer to land near; this unit can also Turbo boost out of the way, then contest if/when needed

Total = 1000

Okay, thats the first 1000 points, which will be used for 2/6 games. The basic plan is both TH/SS units (with Belial, will use Deathwing Assault to come in by the Bikes, then go from there really, with the other Termi squad coming in to claim/contest objectives late game when needed. At 1000 points, 16 Termis can be quite hard to deal with, so, hopefully, this list will be able to manage.

The first addition of 500 points (to create a 1500 point army)

Troops

Assualt Cannon
Chainfist

This squad is designed to add some more fire support to the army, joining in on the first turn deepstrike if needed, or helping to protect objectives

Assualt Cannon
Chainfist

Same as above

Total = 500

The 500 adidition is just to give me some more bodies in the table, 26 at 1500 points should be enough, and there now will be a nice mix of assualt and shootyness in the army :D The army still plays the same, just with the addition of 10 more bodies (again, 2/6 games will be played with this list).

Now for the second addition of 500 points (to create a 2000 points list)

Troops

x3 TH/SS
x2 LCs
Cyclone Missile Launcher

Same as the squad in the first 1000 points, the CML goes on one of the TH/SS termis, and this squad is just to add another assualt element to the army

Heavy Support

Landraider Crusader

Extra Armour

This is a ride for Belial and his squad, the aim is to get them into CC ASAP, then, the raider can (if its still able) shoot back to sit on and claim/contest an objective

Total = 500

Once again, the army works as it always has, now, it just has 5 more bodies, and a ride for Belial, and an extra method of claiming/contesting objectives!

Okay, there is the full list for the event, when giving feedback and improvements, just remeber that points cannot be transfered between lists, and that upgrades cannot be bought with points from another section.

HQ

Belial

Lightning Claws

Troops

x2 TH/SS
x2 LCs
Deathwing standard
Cyclone Missile Launcher
Apothecary

x3 TH/SS