3 Vindicators + Extra Armour
3 Razorbacks with Assault Cannons
3 5 Man Tac Squads + Power Fist
Epistolary Might of Ancients, Avenger
Chaplain + Jump Pack + Power Fist + Digital weapons
1 Assault Squad + Power Fist + 2 Flamers

1500pts

How it works:

It rolls forward with multi redundancy, every unit can cause some hurt, the Assault Marines and Chaplian provide a counter punch if the armour wall is threatened, the vindicators keep rolling forward and firing. The Razor backs either sit on objectives or roll forward and keep firing. The Tactical squads jump out to provide a little extra bolter fire in a clinch or join an assualt for an extra power first hit. The librarian is also there for extra assault punch and his Avenger is to clear objectives, his hood is also there for anti psychic protection. It is essentially a mobile castle. it has 12 kill points and 3 scoring units.

There are a few weaknesses in the list:
It has no long range weapons the longest being 24.
Low troop choice and general model numbers.
It does not have a super killy uber unit.
I can't do any nasty surprises like re-roll reserves or infiltrate etc etc.

Thoughts how will this list hold up at what is essentially a grand tornament?

cheers

Charlie

Denzark
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I went last November. Most people will have sufficient stuff to get in your face pretty damn quick. You have correctly highlighted your weaknesses - the particular one for me is the low number of troops, as people will pop the razor backs and get locked in assault so the vindicators can't shoot them. After that, you'll find 5 men is not enough wounds to ablate and survive the power fist.

charliemachina
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
What changes could be made and to what end with the following to choose from?

2 Terminator Squads with Assualt Cannons.
1 Terminator assualt squad with 5 lightning claws
2 Tactical Squads with flamers and Las cannon (with or with out power fists)
2 Land Raider Crusaders
A bucket load or Dreds (lots of las cannon, Assault cannon, heavy flamers etc) all standard but I could get 2 venerable ones as I'd happily buy the models.
Shrike.
Tigerius.
3 x 10 Melee Scouts with power fist in each.
2 additional assualt squads with flamers and powerfists.
Terminator libarian with storm shield.

My initial thought is i'd like tigerius in there so the above list could play the reserve games reliably!

cheers

Charlie