PDA

View Full Version : Deployment and "Artillery" rules

Alvena
09-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Hello folks,

There is something i have been wondering about, i play sometimes forgeworld: space marine sentry gun for the fun, and during our last appoc games i didn't get the time to deploy them (too short time estimation).

My friend allowed me to let them be deployed in reserve, but as long they are Artillery/Immobile, and has no movement stat, should have they been wasted because they were not deployed at the beginning of the game ?

Culven
09-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Read page 94, under "Arriving from Reserve", last paragraph, "Certain rare units . . ."

terricon4
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
For anyone else glancing in it says you can deepstrike your immobile unit but it will then be stationary. This represents dropping in some tarantulas from orbit or thunderhawk, teleporting a totem or defensive object. In the end its just to make things fare for all unit types.

Alvena
09-02-2009, 06:07 AM
yes thanx to both of you.

That was what we have used, but as i have deep striked the 3 multimeta sentry together in the back of his ork gargant.
I would feel guilty if all this wasn't completly legal, because it has been wonderfully efficicent. :D