PDA

View Full Version : Dead Stunti Killa!

Whoop!
03-05-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1640913a_99060209209_Wurzag01_445x319.jpg

this model rocks! I think I'm gonna get that orkbook today. I'm a 40 K player, but I know I'm going to branch out sooner or later.

So if I wanted an Army to paint, and play are there any suggestions? I mean I'd like to paint beasts and monsters more than knights and soldiers, I have a space wolves infantry Army already and that fulfills that need completely. How bout them ogres? I play the necrons, but I love the undead thing so tomb Kings may still be in play.

Lay it on me.

novatomato
03-05-2011, 12:29 PM
well if you want beasts and monsters what better army than Beastmen?
Alternatively the Lizardmen have lots of monsters, as do . . . well I guess Skaven could supply the monsters.

Deadlift
03-05-2011, 01:00 PM
with the release of the O and G army I too have made the plunge into fantasy.

Orcs, Goblins, Squigs, Big Spiders, Really Big Spiders, Trolls of all types, Giants, Wyverns the list goes on and on so if your looking for beasties the new Orc and Goblin books full of em :)

I started with a box of the savage Orcs and today bought some Night goblins oh and one of those big spiders.

Mr.Pickelz
03-05-2011, 01:29 PM
O&C deffinitly have some monsters, stay away from dwarves,empire,WOC, all the elves as they are all infantry and/or cavalry heavy lists with few, if any monsters. personaly i'm excited about new O&C book too, but goin to have to wait till after grey knights get bought before i can invest in orcs. :(

Whoop!
03-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Dont worry, Ork killyness will wait for you.;)

Atrocity
03-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Are you wanting to paint "beasts and monsters" because they're big, impressive models? Or because of the low model count? Or you want to paint fur/scales/etc. and/or don't want to paint flesh?

For larger models maybe go with Ogres.
Want fewer models? Go Lizardmen, possibly Beastmen.
Want a different type of painting? Beastmen, Skaven, Daemons, or Lizardmen.

That said, if you're going to go ahead and already buy that Orcs & Gobbo's book, why not stick with them? You can certainly build some nice models. You now have the ability to run a few Arachnaroks in your army. You have a lot of options, we've got guys at the FLGS that run pure Night Goblin, pure Goblin, and mixed armies. You could also do full Orc one if you felt so inclined.

It's a fun army to play against, and judging by my opponents, I'd say a fun one to play. When Fanatics (or Whirling Death or whatever they're called now) pop out, hilarity usually ensues (though it may be at your expense, not your opponent's). They have a lot of random elements but that can be to your advantage (depending on the dice rolls). They do have some competitive choices (doom divers!) though it'll take some time before this army book is fully vetted.

If you like the new Wurrzag and other models, give it a shot. I fell in love with the new 8th edition book (and the new O&G army book is the same quality), gave it a try, and now I find myself preferring to play Fantasy over 40k more and more.