PDA

View Full Version : Guard or Dark Eldar?

Guardsman
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm playing in a game with a Space Wolves partner vs. Nids and Blood Angels. Should I play Imperial Guard or Dark Eldar? 1500 points per person.
I am leaning towards DE because my SW partner is very shooty, but having a Leman Russ , Basilisk, and Manticore Rocket Launcher is always fun vs. swarms of Nids. Grrr, I cant decide. Any suggestions?

eagleboy7259
03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I guess it really depends on what your opponent's army lists look like. Lance weapons and poisoned weapons could really pay off if you're going to be seeing land raiders or monstrous creatures. If you could give us a run down about what is being brought, or what is in your pal's collection and what you plan on bringing for either list then we could critique it further.

newtoncain
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Go shooty DE, all those poisoned weapons = dead Nids or daemons.

Guardsman
03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
I guess it really depends on what your opponent's army lists look like. Lance weapons and poisoned weapons could really pay off if you're going to be seeing land raiders or monstrous creatures. If you could give us a run down about what is being brought, or what is in your pal's collection and what you plan on bringing for either list then we could critique it further.

Well the Nids player will be fielding genestealers, termagants, a trygon or 2, and a hive tyrant. Possibly gargoyles too.
The BA player will have Predators and infantry.

Demonus
03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
His partner will be fielding:

RPriest (JoWW, StormCaller)- Master of Runes, Bolt Gun

Wolf Lord- belt of russ, wolf tail talisman, frost weapon, meltabombs, combi melta, wolftooth neck, saga of beastslayer, fenris wolf

10 GH (2 meltagun, MoW, Rhino)

10 GH (2 meltagun, MoW, Rhino)

4 WolfGuard (term armor, storm shield, 3x PW, 1x PF, meltabombs for one)

Dedicated LR Redeemer (MM, Extra Armor)

Vindcator Tank

6 Longfangs (5x Missile, Sgt)

Signed, his Partner :)

eagleboy7259
03-09-2011, 05:40 PM
@newtoncain - DE vs Demons is actualy a more balanced match than you might think. The generally low armor values and open topped on the Raiders and Ravagers really help Tzeentch Demons (and just about anything else) kill DE armor. The impressive stat lines, inv saves, and eternal warrior really deny many of the benefits granted by the DE special rules. Then Fiends and Blood Hounds really come into their own, wounding on 2+ with soo many attacks against so poor armor.

@demonus & guardsmen - I believe that DE would probably be the best bet. They can shoot and support the space wolves in close combat. Wyches are wonderful vs genestealers and monstrous creatuers. What do you have availible in terms of DE models?