PDA

View Full Version : 1250 SM list

ScrutMaster
03-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Moving this post over from tactics forum as This forum is probably a more suitable place for this to be.
Hello everyone posting a 1250pts Space Marine list, building Scythes of The Emperor chapter so here is a quick list I put together.

Librarian -165pts
-upgraded to Epistolary
-plasma pistol
- Gate
-Avenger

7 Sternguard Vets -215pts
-Plasma Gun & Melta Gun
- Sergeant w/ Lightning Claw
- 2 Storm Bolters

2x 10 man Tactical Squads

Squad #1 -295pts
-Plasma Gun
-Missile Launcher
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist & Teleport Homer
-Razorback w/ Twin Linked Lascannon (thinking about dropping the las cannon for regular Heavy Bolter)

Squad #2 -290pts
-Flamer
-Plasma Cannon
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist & Teleport Homer
-Razorback w/ Twin Linked Lascannon (same thoughts as previous Razor)

SM Bike Squadron -285pts
8 - Bikes & 1 Attack Bike
-Sergeant w/ Power Weapon
-Flamer
-Melta Gun

Basically what I was thinking when I made this list was that I would be taking advantage of combat squads by splitting up all my units into 5man combat squads (except the sternguard). The Sergeant along with 3 marines and the none hvy weapon would ride in the razorbacks while the heavy weapons would stay back and move forward on foot taking pop shots at anything big an scary. The bike squads would also be split into two combat squads and each combat squad would harass the opposing players units from each table edge. Meanwhile the Librarian and Sternguard squad can use Gate of Infinity to teleport around the board safely because the Sergeants in Razorbacks have teleport homers. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated :D

blackarmchair
03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Not a bad shell. I'd make a few changes though.

Consider taking null zone for the Librarian (I assume he's going to teleport the sternguard around) this will make their low AP weapons more effective as even thunder/shield terminators will be re-rolling their saves.

Speaking of sternguard take 2x plasmas and buy plenty of combi-plasmas (stormbolters ftl).

Tacticals look good. I'd keep the Lascannons on both and change the one plasma cannon to a ML for more anti-tank support.

Finally, I'd swap that bike squad for a couple attack bikes, you could get 5 attack bikes with multi-meltas (more with Heavy Bolters) for the same cost and their firepower is FAR greater. They make awesome little hit teams to run around and blow people's tanks away.

Nice list, you've done a lot in a small points value!

ScrutMaster
03-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Firstly, thanks for the compliments and insight. Been around the 40k universe sense 3rd Edition and this is the first list ive made with a Lib and Bikes >_< or anything for that matter with the latest SM Dex.

I felt like in such a small points value you aren't going to see a lot of invulns unless your playing against a army like Daemons but the nullzone makes a lot of sense. In a tournament setting I would definately run with nullzone.

After reading through sternguard again the stormbolters are lacking in that they cant use special ammo with em :( .
I feel like with the points I save buy taking out the 2 storm bolters and running with 6 attack backs all Hvy Bolter I can add 1 more vet and forego combi plasmas and try an make good use of special ammunition each round of firing.

I tend to play games 2000pts or less, I find it a lot more fun and tactical when you have to do more with less.

blackarmchair
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
That's how we play too, 2000 is the highest we ever go (apoc aside).

It's true that you won't see many invulns in lower points values, mostly just on ICs and Thunder/shield Terminators (god those things are nasty). The only reason I though avenger might not be great is that you need to be so close to use it and neither the sternguard nor the librarian are particularly good at close combat. In lower points you could roll with another power too Vortex of Doom is fun and can pay off.

Paul
03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Consider taking null zone for the Librarian (I assume he's going to teleport the sternguard around) this will make their low AP weapons more effective as even thunder/shield terminators will be re-rolling their saves.

No Sternguard ammo is AP2.

blackarmchair
03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
No Sternguard ammo is AP2.

Right, I also suggested that he take plasmas/combi-plasmas

ScrutMaster
03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Avenger just seemed like a great power to use as a hoard clearer for dealing with hoard armies in such a small points value.

blackarmchair
03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah it is a good power, don't get me wrong.

If you were to say...use it on my Orks mob and kill even a fair few I would just charge the squad. 7x Marines and the Libby won't stand up to an ork charge. I'd rather pepper them from range with special issue ammo and teleport away.

That's a taste issue though.