PDA

View Full Version : BA Mech 2500

Chexmix282
03-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I've been tinkering with the BA Codex trying to figure out what to take to 'Ard Boyz this year and this is what I came up with. I love fast Mech armies so this fits the bill perfectly :P

Librarian 100
-Shield of Sanguinus, Blood Lance

Elites
3 x 5 Sternguard 630
-3 Combi-Meltas, 2 Heavy Flamers, Rhino

Troops
6 x Assault Squad 930
-Razorback w/ Lascannon/TL Plasmagun

Fast Attack
3 x Baal Predator 435
-Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Heavy Support
3 x Predator 405
-Lascannon Sponsons

It's a little light on Melta for this points level but I think the amount of Lascannons mitigates that weakness a bit.

My only real concern is the lack of anti-infantry... While I can easily tear apart Marines and other heavy infantry I think I'll have trouble with Guard blobs and the like.

Any ideas or suggestions?

angelspast
03-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Pretty standard MSU template. Lacking in any real close combat ability, and without combat tactics as BA may well be a serious issue.

Sternguard and Assault squads are poorly configured and inefficient.

You'll have serious issues with armies that can close the distance, hordes, and likely kill points.

Chexmix282
03-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Any input on how to configure the Sternguard and Assault Squads then? I don't intend for the Assault Squads to ever leave their Razorbacks so they don't need any upgrades at all.

I think that 6 Heavy Flamers from the Sternguard will really help against hordes, as against things like a Green Tide I can pick off one unit at a time, and against Termagants I can simply destroy the Tervigons (quite easily, I might add).

I'm not worried about Kill Points as clever playing can avoid any issues.