PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse question ...

Kelmon
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Strenght D weapons inflict instant death, against gargantuan creatures immune to "id" d3 wounds. What damage do they inflict on standard monstrous creatures, that are not immune, but not affected by "id" due to the synapse rule??

Nabterayl
09-01-2009, 01:13 PM
EDIT: If the MC isn't explicitly immune to Instant Death, then an Instant Death attack kills the model. If the MC is immune to Instant Death (e.g., a tyranid MC under synapse), then, crazily enough, a Strength D weapon inflicts one wound.

Kelmon
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
So a monstrous creature is more resilient than a gargantuan one - interesting ... RIDICULOUS !!

Miami
09-01-2009, 02:30 PM
You are correct... it's one of the loop holes in Apocalypse that is just mind boggling. My librarian is a well-known heirodule killer, but against warriors, hive tyrants, and carnifexes in synapse, he is less lethal.

Gotthammer
09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Gargantuan Creatures take one wound only also - the StrD weapon description states that it causes 1 wound if the target is immune to instant death. The GC entry states that they are immune to instant death. It then states seperately that any attack "that would normally kill a model automatically (like a Force Weapon, an attack as a result of a failed characteristic test etc)" causes D3 wounds.

All instant death attacks cause 1 wound against GCs. Things like Force Weapons or Fabius Biles rod of torment (neither of which are 'Instant Death' causing) cause D3 however.

I think it's stupid though.

Kelmon
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
No, thats wrong in my opinion as i think the " a normal wound" is D3 for str D weapons against GC. That is agreed by the majority of players.

Jwolf
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
No, thats wrong in my opinion as i think the " a normal wound" is D3 for str D weapons against GC. That is agreed by the majority of players.

Then the majority of players are wrong. What does do d3 wounds are things that remove a model outright, like a GK Force Weapon. If it inflicts Instant Death, it does 1 wound to Gargantuan Creatures.

Kelmon
09-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Then there is a different reading due to the german translation ...