PDA

View Full Version : Target GK list 1,500

isotope99
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
This is my target 1500 GK list, it's more themed around my favourite models than optimised for maximum win;

Grand Master (to join purifiers or TAGK)

2* 5 man PAGK w/ psycannon (for objective holding and fire support)
5 man TAGK with 4 halberds, incinerator & daemonhammer (to ride in storm raven or deep strike)

7 man purifier squad w/ incinerator, daemonhammer and 5 halberds (to ride in Rhino or Storm raven)
Rhino

Storm raven

Dreadnought w/ CCW and plasma cannon or psybolted assault cannon
Dreadnought w/ 2* psybolted double autocannon
Dreadknight w/ one ranged weapon [TBC]

This leaves me with a few spare points to play with I think. Lots of toys, but only 28 models which might be too few, even at 1,500?

DarkLink
03-15-2011, 07:58 PM
A lone storm raven isn't worth it, and you don't really have enough points for a second. Frankly I don't think storm ravens will be a very competitive option in this codex, except maybe in 2500pt lists. They're just too expensive and fragile in an already expensive and fragile army. I'd just get some Rhinos and stick the terminators and GM in a Land Raider. The Land Raider at least you can hide behind the Rhinos and get cover, and laugh off most long range shooting thanks to av14.

If you really want the storm raven, I'd save it for higher point games and take a pair, and fill them with the purifiers and the terminators, then use your GKSS and Dreads as fire support. That'd take a 1750 list at least, though.

Aside from that, though, I don't think you could really cram more dudes in. GK armies are going to be small, no matter what. Though I'm tempted to try foot GKs. You can fit in about 40-50 GKs with lots of psycannons in a 1500pt list if you really try.