PDA

View Full Version : D@mn Dirty Apes ~2486 pts (Ard Boyz list???) Ape-Blower?

Eusebius Rex
03-16-2011, 08:23 AM
I removed unit prices in case anyone is offended by them. I am making this primarily from one good look at the dex at my FLGS and the leaked version that has known descrepencies. That being said, this should be considered no more than an idea at this point.

Here's the list, some explanations at the bottom...

Coteaz –
Grand Master & Servo-skulls -

Non-FOC:
Henchmen –
5x Jokearo –
3x Gun Servitors w/ plasma cannon -
1x mystic –
Chimera –

Troops:
Henchmen –
5x Jokearo –
4x Warriors w/ meltaguns –
1x mystic –
Chimera –

Henchmen –
5x Jokearo –
2x Warriors w/ plasmaguns –
1x mystic –
Chimera –

Henchmen –
5x Jokearo –
1x mystic –
Chimera –

Henchmen –
5x Jokearo –
1x mystic –
Chimera –

10x GKSS –
8x Dudes w/ swords
2x psycannon –
Rhino – hunter killer –

10x GKSS –
8x Dudes w/ swords
2x psycannon –
Rhino – hunter killer –

Fast:
10x GKIS
10x dudes – no upgrades, just there to play fire-brigade.

The Jokeoro are key. Not only do we have 25x bs3 wpns that can fire as Multi-meltas, Lascannon or hvy flamers, but by having 5 per unit, they give us the ability to always have 5 firing heavy weapons out of each chimera while statioinary plus we have a 1:3 chance of always having 12" extra range on non-template weapons for every weapon in the unit - including jakearo's themselves! So, that means Jokaero's can have 36"/18" multi-meltas and 60" lascanons. Plasma guns can fire 36" while moving and we still have rock hard scorers to help out in some Rhinos.

It has deep strike defence with Coteaz and the servo-skulls while our own deep striking counter attackers -GKIS - can move in on any mystic's chimera or servo skull and make sure the rhino/chimra wall stays intact. Then we have Warp quake from the GKSS and GKIS themselves.

I like grand strategy from the Grand Master, but wonder if a libby w/ shrouding wouldn't be better. Coteaz is actually pretty awesome with his deepstrike defense (ala old mystics) and his abilty to re-roll the seize the initiative dice as this is a first turn type of list.

Lemt
03-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Why have 5 Jokaero AND 5 Warriors in each chimaera? Seems to me it's a waste of points. Also, are you SURE you can get a unit of henchmen out of FOC? According to the errata of other books, if you get a special character that defines a unit as taking a specific FOC slot (in your case, Coteaz making Henchmen troops) then that unit must ALWAYS be in that FOC slot. Not sure how they'll say it works in the FAQ, however.

Eusebius Rex
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Why have 5 Jokaero AND 5 Warriors in each chimaera? Seems to me it's a waste of points. Also, are you SURE you can get a unit of henchmen out of FOC? According to the errata of other books, if you get a special character that defines a unit as taking a specific FOC slot (in your case, Coteaz making Henchmen troops) then that unit must ALWAYS be in that FOC slot. Not sure how they'll say it works in the FAQ, however.

I don't think I ever have 5x Jokaeros and 5x warriors. I do have a couple of Chimeras that have gun servitors and 4x melta dudes, then each other Chimera has 2x Plasma guns. This is to give some units better ability to kill things while on the move.

The Plasma cannons give me the ability to shoot non-armor. Really, it is all so cheap i just figured why not give some Chimeras some duality. I figure 25x Lascannon shots will knock most dudes out of thier vehicles and the next round I can mix in the plasma weaponry and kill all the dismounts.

Besides, if I have to knock someone off an objective, why not be able to run in and burn them with 5x heavy flamers and shoot them with 4x melta THEN use my crappy Jokearo assault troops to finish up? Or better than that, dismount the squad, shoot the crap out of someone on an objective and then assault in with my GK support squads.

as for the FOC slot thing - henchmen are normally not FOC slotted - you can take one for every Inquisitor, so that is why I am taking one for Coteaz - it just says it unlocks them as a troop choice in Coteaz's description, but in the henchmen description it still says you can take one per Inquisitor. I am taking the 5th one mostly cause I need Coteaz in the rhino with the plasma servitors