PDA

View Full Version : Rules and themes for a new Zombie miniature skirmish game?

willy2fly
03-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Hey everybody!

My creative team of gamers and i are thinking of developing a new miniature skirmish game, possibly to publication, and im asking the miniature wargaming community to find out what YOU would like to see in a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE based miniature skirmish game?

Im interested in hearing more about what type of game mechanics, themes, etc you think would make for an exciting fast paced game? We have TONS of ideas in place but we are gamers writing the rules for gamers so curious to hear what you think! Heres some questions to start you off......

Would you like to see character building and upgrading in an RPG style?

Different positive / negative modifiers for weapon types?

Different stats for different types of zombies like lurkers, runners, roamers, etc?

Im keen to hear all ideas and suggestions so get posting!

The game / rule book will be like no product you have ever seen before! We promise no tongue in cheek humour, no cartoon like presentation, no quirky silly rules. THIS WILL BE REAL HORROR PEOPLE AND PRESENTED AS SUCH! THINK MAX BROOKS AMAZING BOOK 'WORLD WAR Z' AND YOU WILL GET AN IDEA OF WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM ON THIS!

Porty1119
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Character customization- yes.
Vehicles- yes.
Lots of different zombie types (2d6 charts with different results giving various quantities of different zombies)
What do you mean by weapon +/- modifiers?

willy2fly
03-21-2011, 07:30 AM
We were thinking that certain weapons, for example heavy melee weapons like sledgehammers, would give a positive modifier to strength (+1 or something) but have a negative effect on movement (-1 inch to standard movement).

As there are lots of different types of weapons we thought we could come up with classifications for them and have each classification have good and bad elements to them, giving the player some food for thought. If they choose poorly they will be food for zombies!

Subsocial
06-30-2011, 01:34 PM
1. Yes. I think it would be really important in a small-scale skirmish game like this to have each character be highly customizable beyond just equipment.

2. I like the idea of weapons you carry modifying your stats like that. Approve.

3. Definitely, definitely, definitely have different zombies. If you don't, I feel like the games would get pretty boring.

4. I'm on the fence about Porty's thought of vehicles. If you did do them, you would have to be REALLY careful about how you created them. It would be easy to make them either overpowered or very unrealistic. If you did them right, though, they could be pretty cool.