PDA

View Full Version : Well, this has been a varied week.

Commissar Lewis
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
A week of highs and lows. As of Tuesday I'm now officially enlisted in the Army. Wednesday I saw Emilie Autumn's show when she came to Pontiac. And yet, in the last week I've struck out 4 times when flirting with chicks at bars.

Well, win some lose some.

I think the next time I hit up some bars, I'm wearing my cool black beret hat I've had for a long time.

Kieranator K82
03-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Do they have Commissars in the army you're joining? You could be one of those!

Emerald Rose Widow
03-18-2011, 10:58 PM
ouch sounds like a rough week. stay safe hon

Drew da Destroya
03-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Good luck, man. My cousin joined the Navy, and ships out in May. Stay safe, wherever you go.

I've never been great at flirting. Both my ex and my current girlfriend hit on me first. Some girls go for military men, though, so maybe you could play that angle? Or just start spreading the rumor that you have an enormous....heart.

Eh, cheesy. But the penis joke was too obvious.

Denzark
03-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Commissar, my congratulations, what unit are you joining? I worked alongside 10 Mountain Div in Iraq a couple of years back.

With regards to the women, i admire your persistence. However, with regards to your choice of natty headgear, you will soon discover your new comrades and probably more importantly your nasty sergeants, may not like the wearing of berets in bars if they look anything military-esque (besides which unless you are Ferris Bueller or a woman then it is not a good party look.)

Stay safe downrange, or as we say in the UK, stay low, move fast!

scadugenga
03-20-2011, 07:52 AM
G'luck, Commissar Lewis,

My new (and much younger) brother-in-law just shipped to Fort Knox for Basic last monday.

As for flirting---1) bars aren't necessarily the best place, unless you also have a group of friends with you. (Women tend to go to bars in packs, so being the lone guy immediately puts you at a disadvantage), 2) You have to not care about the outcome of said flirting--if it's clear you have an intended goal, the girl will pick up on that. (They tend to be better at the non-verbal stuff) and you're pretty much done for at that point, unless she's really into you to begin with. And finally, 3) beer goggles are not your friend. That's why it's always good to have a mate there with you to have your back. See #1) above. :)

Good luck, stay safe, amigo.

Commissar Lewis
03-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Still this week wasn't all bad - I did meet and get a hug from all three of Emilie Autumn's Bloody Crumpets which was awesome.

Drew da Destroya
03-22-2011, 10:13 AM
I had to google them... but Victorian burlesque violin-playing hotties? Sounds cool, man.

Denzark
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Perchance a linky good Sirrah?

scadugenga
03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Here you go Denzark:

http://www.emilieautumn.com/

Denzark
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I thank you my dear sir, when I win the rollover EuroMillions lottery this weekend (£100,000,000+) I will buy myself some of these wanton harlots to play in my drawing room.

eldargal
03-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Not bad, not the best Victwardian burlesque I've seen, but not bad at all.

Here you go Denzark:

http://www.emilieautumn.com/

Commissar Lewis
03-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Well the show wasn't really a burlesque show. It was a concert with some elements of that in it, like Veronica's feather fan dance routine.

All in all it was a great show.

Denzark
03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Not bad, not the best Victwardian burlesque I've seen, but not bad at all.

For shizzle my nizzle?

What is the best and can we have a linky?

I would reciprocate with details of my favourite lapdance club (obscurely in Swindon) but it was forcibly closed.