PDA

View Full Version : I Smell Ork Cheese!!

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
So a few months ago I got about 5000 pts of orks landed in my lap. The problem is writing the list that will desimate but not come from Wisconsin i.e. cheesy. So far this is what i came up with.

HQ

Warboss w/ powerklaw, warbike, attack squig, Cybork body, Bosspole

Troops

9 Nob Bikers
All with Cybork
1-Painboy w/ Grot orderly
2-PK Bossploe
3-PK Waaagh Banner
4-PK Skorcha
5-PK Rokkit
6-PK Twinlinked Shoota
7-Big Choppa Skorcha
8-Big Choppa Rokkit
9-Big Choppa Twinlinked Shoota

25 Ard Boyz led by Nob w/Big Choppa
3 rokkits

25 Boyz led by Nob w/PK
3 Rokkits

Heavy

BattleWagon w/ armor plates

Fast Attack

20 StormBoyz w/ Zagstruk

Elites
15 Lootas(they go in wagon)

This is 2000 exactly. Did I arm the nob bikers right for wound allocation? And what is your over all opinions? I have burnas boys, 10 koptas, a ton of more boys, foot Nobs, kommandos and 5 more bikers to use for changes. Should I invest in something else?

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
03-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Come on, orks arent that boring!! HaHa

blackarmchair
03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
So a few months ago I got about 5000 pts of orks landed in my lap. The problem is writing the list that will desimate but not come from Wisconsin i.e. cheesy. So far this is what i came up with.

HQ

Warboss w/ powerklaw, warbike, attack squig, Cybork body, Bosspole
This guy looks fine.

Troops

9 Nob Bikers
All with Cybork
1-Painboy w/ Grot orderly
2-PK Bossploe
3-PK Waaagh Banner
4-PK Skorcha
5-PK Rokkit
6-PK Twinlinked Shoota
7-Big Choppa Skorcha
8-Big Choppa Rokkit
9-Big Choppa Twinlinked Shoota
Ideally you want two units of these guys about this size and composition

25 Ard Boyz led by Nob w/Big Choppa
3 rokkits
There is no reason for an 'Ard Boyz Mob this size, waste of points.

25 Boyz led by Nob w/PK
3 Rokkits
These foot troops do not synergize well with the rest of the army

Heavy

BattleWagon w/ armor plates
This is pointless. Lootas in a wagon work okay in a shooting list but you really have no other shooting. At least give it an 'ard case

Fast Attack

20 StormBoyz w/ Zagstruk
Meh

Elites
15 Lootas(they go in wagon)

This is 2000 exactly. Did I arm the nob bikers right for wound allocation? And what is your over all opinions? I have burnas boys, 10 koptas, a ton of more boys, foot Nobs, kommandos and 5 more bikers to use for changes. Should I invest in something else?

All in all this list isn't bad it just doesn't work well together. If you want hordes do hordes, if you wanna shoot then shoot, if you wanna do a biker list do a biker list.

Orks can be confusing because there are so many ways to play them but you do need to go all out when you do.

Gobstoppa
03-22-2011, 11:56 PM
The only thing I saw was that you have to have 30 boyz to take 3 rokkits. But other than that looks fun. WAGH!

Billyjoeray
03-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Lootas in a battlewagon sounds good on paper, but remember that if it gets stunned or shaken they can't shoot either making it a pretty poor choice. Besides, you might have too many lootas in one mob, I think that the optimal amount of Lootas is 9. Any more and they will draw lots of fire and any less and they test morale after 2 are killed. 9 is usually plenty of shots if you get 2 shots per or better and a roll of 1 shot is always piss poor anyway and you need to kill 3 to force a morale check. Also, I would either Mech up all your boyz or just go double warboss nob bikers if you really want to try for the ultra cheese.

eldargal
03-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Name your Warboss Chedda or Kamembert and you should be fine.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
03-23-2011, 06:00 AM
I was thinking Warlord FrumUndaButt Cheez lol

FTE-Charge!!!
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Depends on your gaming circle. Nob bikers used for wound allocation is a major source of grief for many gaming groups. It looks like you tried to minimize the army with big expensive units like the bikers and ard boys.

Try utilizing some more numbers, you have great power, but use the ork number advantage to really scare your opponent. And always mix it up! With that many points at your disposal you have a great advantage. Many players have static lists with few alternate choices.

Carrying three or so cases of orks in for a game and choosing what you want is an excellent way to customize for success; nob bikers be d!&ned! lol

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
03-23-2011, 08:58 AM
ok so i have revised the list with a mix of mob and bikers

HQ

Warboss-PK, Warbike, Attack Squig, Cybork, Bosspole

Troops

9 Nob Bikers all w/ cybork
painboy w/ grot orderly
PK Bosspole
PK Waagh Banner
PK Skorcha
PK Rokkit
PK Xlinked Shootta
BC Skorcha
BC Rokkit
BC Xlinked Shoota

12 'Ard Boyz led by Nob w/PK, 'eavy armor, Bosspole
Trukk w/Red paint, Stikk bomb Chukka

30 Boyz w/ 3 Rokkits led by Nob w/ PK, 'eavy Armor, Bosspole

12 Boyz led by Nob w/PK, 'eavy Armor, Bosspole
Trukk w/ Red paint, Stikk bombs

Elite

11 Burna Boyz(in wagon)

Heavy

10 Lootas

10 Lootas

Battle Wagon w/ Red paint and Stikk bombs

So the idea is have the 30 boys as a meat shield in the middle and charge forward with everything else. Lootas provide cover fire from the back and maybe the small unit of boyz claiming backfield objectives.

Comments needed and welcome

Mycroft Holmes
03-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Heavy

10 Lootas

10 Lootas

Lootas are an Elite choice.

Viking
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Personally, I think you are overdoing the PKs in the bike squad, 3 tend to be plenty (including the warboss that is), and the BCs are STR 7 on the charge, so they are still good at punching light armor if the need arises. I deck mine out like this, 9 total including the warboss:

Warboss on Bike w/ pk, attack squig, cybork body, bosspole

All have cybork bodies

1-Painboy
2-PK, Bp
3-Pk
4-BC
5-BC
6-BC, WB
7-BC, bp
8-BC, combi rokkit

Yeah, they arent equipped to be a complete complex unit (with 2 BC's), but they more than effectively get the job done, they rarely die, and give my opponents headaches. I also run 30 lootas in 3 - 10 man squads and 9 kannons.

The kannons are cheap at 180 points for 9 of them, fire at a grot's BS and are great anti infantry or anti transport, and can even piss off that guard player when you blow the main turret off of an executioner pattern russ!

Follow that up with as many boyz as you can toss in the list. Have to be careful not to throw the bikes against a termie unit with TH/SS or LCs though...The bikes will be in serious pain....

Whoop!
03-23-2011, 06:28 PM
What do you use in this list for the TH/SS termis? Just try to bog them down? Tarpit their fancy ***es?

I am thinking of starting my own Waaaagh! They look so much fun, and I love painten those orkie little *******s.

Gobstoppa
03-23-2011, 09:43 PM
A cheap way to get wound allocation is ammo runts. If you have any doubles in your Nob squad then give the other one an ammo runt and there a quick 3pt upgrade. Talk about annoying just make sure to point and laugh. WAGH!

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
03-24-2011, 07:28 PM
First thing i would do with TH/SS marines is to shoot the tar out of them with Lootas then jump them with the 30 ork mob that should hold them up for a couple of turns and wittle them down. As for the typo they still fit in the FOC. and I was thinking that i had too many PK's, I'll adjust that and maybe find room for the stormboys cause for some reason theyre my favorite unit besides Nob Bikers and Warlord Frum Unda Cheez:p