PDA

View Full Version : EldarGal, Queen of the Trolleteriat

eldargal
03-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Who do I think I am, using big, obscure, archaic words like 'articulate' and 'pillock' (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/03/40k-lore-war-in-heaven.html#comment-170921686)to make the lower orders feel inferior?:rolleyes:

What a Bych. Commissar Chris (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=11181) was right.

Connjurus
03-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Exactly why I stay away from article comments nowadays - for the most part. I can't help myself sometimes...

DarkLink
03-25-2011, 01:43 AM
I, personally, found Dick Move (http://bloodofkittens.com/dickmove/), and in particular Friday Internet Fight Night. Now whenever I see trollish activity, I'm severely tempted to counter troll as viciously as I can 'till someone gets banned:rolleyes:. Either way, now I only see humor in other people's chronic cases of stupidity:D.

Just combine that with a touch of objectivist philosophy so you can feel morally righteous about hating stupid jerks (not plain stupid people, just the jerks), and you're good to go.

Aldramelech
03-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Eldargal, Shes getting on a bit, but you still would wouldn't you.

If I'm going to choose a word of the day, my word is "Discombobulated"

Farseer Uthiliesh
03-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Who do I think I am, using big, obscure, archaic words like 'articulate' and 'pillock' (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/03/40k-lore-war-in-heaven.html#comment-170921686)to make the lower orders feel inferior?:rolleyes:

What a Bych. Commissar Chris (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=11181) was right.

Whilst I disagree quite strongly with your comments about the Necrons in the thread you linked, your comments were reasonable and lacked any condescension. You're one of the better posters here.

eldargal
03-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Well fair enough, I expect people to disagree and that is perfectly fine and normal. I'm just a bit bewildered that people think that some rather basic words I use every other day or more are somehow being slipped into the conversation via thesaurus to show how smart I am.:rolleyes: Especially pillock, for gods sake. Next time I see someone call someone else a 'dumbass' I will be sure to tell them not to use a thesaurus for their insults.

Aldy, I actually use discombobulated in conversation quite regularly, its a lovely word.

Denzark
03-25-2011, 06:08 AM
I will compose a new offering to my muse in honour of her apparent mastery (mistressery?) of the witty comeback and the scathing put down.

Farseer Uthiliesh
03-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Well fair enough, I expect people to disagree and that is perfectly fine and normal. I'm just a bit bewildered that people think that some rather basic words I use every other day or more are somehow being slipped into the conversation via thesaurus to show how smart I am.:rolleyes: Especially pillock, for gods sake. Next time I see someone call someone else a 'dumbass' I will be sure to tell them not to use a thesaurus for their insults.

Aldy, I actually use discombobulated in conversation quite regularly, its a lovely word.

One can never use enough of such terms ;)

Connjurus
03-25-2011, 10:34 AM
My word of the day will be chicanery, as it is a good, Tzeentchian word.

Drew da Destroya
03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Chicanery is an excellent word. And we've known about Eldargal's trollish ways for some time now . This thread is clearly another attempt at attention-grabbing. Next thing you know, she'll be telling us some story about how she has boobs or something. As if slavering internet nerdboyz would be interested in those.

If we're going to pick words, I'll go with "asinine". Always liked that one... you get to call someone both stupid and an *** at the same time. Phonetics! Yay!

On as sidenote, Connjurus, is your profile picture Rotti Largo?

Connjurus
03-25-2011, 12:08 PM
On as sidenote, Connjurus, is your profile picture Rotti Largo?

Yes. Yes it is. My favorite actor/singer in the movie was Paul Sorvino, and I'd had my old pic for a while, so...Rotti Largo!

Aldramelech
03-25-2011, 12:42 PM

Isnt it though. I actually heard it for the first time whilst the wife was watching Coronation Street a couple of years ago, not a word you'd expect to here on there......... I had to look it up. I use it all the time now, mainly to discombobulate people :)

Im also the fond of the words "Moist" and "Crevice", but only when Stephen Fry says them........

Drew da Destroya
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes. Yes it is. My favorite actor/singer in the movie was Paul Sorvino, and I'd had my old pic for a while, so...Rotti Largo!

Nice, thought he looked familiar! He's definitely an excellent singer. Nathan Wallace had potential... but Rotti steals the show.

Umm, back on topic... that Eldargal. She sure is a convoluted troll.

scadugenga
03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Damn you, eldargal, and your proficient use of the English language!

Bad, bad, I tell you!

Now, make amends (a la Robin) before you fall even further into the depths of word-harlotry.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Now, after having read many of the comments...sheesh. Yup, the comments section of BoLS is getting ridiculous. It's more about being cretinous pillocks* to each other than actually discussing the damned subject matter.

*beautifully crafted, btw e-g.

Beta_Ray_Bill
03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Honestly? Are we in a discussion if EldarGal is a troll? The answer is no.

Is EldarGal... 'excessively evolved' with the BOLS crowd? Yes! And it is due to users like (presumably) her that we have a thriving community. Users so dedicated that 'less-than-casual-users' have something to complain about? Honestly, there will be people that complain about everything. So, dear Eldargal, If you're reading, KEEP POSTING! SAME WITH MELISSIA! It stirs up the community and keeps us alive! It rocks the boat and makes sure that no matter what happens in the mainstream gaming, there will always be something to discuss!

I haven't been around for a while, but when I was around, I know that she was no less than an outside-of-the-box thinker. Read some of her battle reports before you make a judgement... If you accuse someone of being a troll, make sure you aren't being a troll yourself first!

DarkLink
03-26-2011, 05:36 PM
If you're going to talk about good words, here's a bad one. Pedantic. One episode of family guy, and suddenly everyone and their mother think that using makes them sound smarter.

eldargal
03-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Heh, yes I should be ashamed.:rolleyes: Its funny that cretinous pillock made the most impact, both of those words are words I use quite a bit and I don't consider them particularly unusual. I expected more of a fuss about 'intellectually flaccid', what with its subtle nod towards male impotence. I was rather pleased with that, for a spur of the moment insult.
The accusations of using a thesaurus were very amusing, though. I read a lot of books, both for study and recreationally, so I have a thesaurus in my head.:rolleyes: I found the thesaurus thing a bit offensive, not so much on my account but that the logical extension of it being that anyone who uses 'fancy words' is doing it to impress. As opposed to, say, trying to communicate a more specific meaning. Which is why we have those words in the first place.

Damn you, eldargal, and your proficient use of the English language!
Bad, bad, I tell you!
Now, make amends (a la Robin) before you fall even further into the depths of word-harlotry.
Edit: Now, after having read many of the comments...sheesh. Yup, the comments section of BoLS is getting ridiculous. It's more about being cretinous pillocks* to each other than actually discussing the damned subject matter.

*beautifully crafted, btw e-g.

Darklink, aren't you being rather shallow and pedantic?:p I don't use the word pedantic much myself, I tend to call people pedants instead.

Thanks Beta Ray Bill.

wittdooley
03-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm not going to lie; I feel for you eldargal. I HATE that so often I have to dumb down my speaking ability and vocabulary so as not to sound elitist. Heaven forbid that I sound smarter than someone else because I do have an education and I do read a lot.

What are you going to do?

eldargal
03-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm used to being called elitist. In Britain my accent is considered elitist, my social background, my school, my university even the way I dress now ('vintage') as well. Its not stopped me going to that school or speaking with that accent so I'm certainly not going to stop using 'fancy words' when I feel it is appropriate. Also as a six foot tall blonde I have enough trouble convincing people I have brain without dumbing myself down.
I do admit I tend to use a more 'chatty' tone on the internet in general, but that doesn't mean I won't use
'pretentious' words if I want to utilise their meaning. As one of my old teachers said, 'if you worry about appearing pretentious, then you are'.:rolleyes: Ironically she would be quite dissaproving of my using the word 'pillock'.

scadugenga
03-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Heh, yes I should be ashamed.:rolleyes: Its funny that cretinous pillock made the most impact, both of those words are words I use quite a bit and I don't consider them particularly unusual. I expected more of a fuss about 'intellectually flaccid', what with its subtle nod towards male impotence. I was rather pleased with that, for a spur of the moment insult.

Well, let's be fair and honest--guys are relatively used to having their masculinity/manhood be an overused target of opportunity. So it loses a bit of the intended sting. Much like the tired and ridiculous "it must be her time of the month" jibe--generally an indication of a poor intellect/lack of proper bantering skills. ;)

"Cretinous pillock," however, not only hammers someone from an unexpected direction, it just rolls of the tongue so deliciously. It fairly drips with scorn.

Also as a six foot tall blonde I have enough trouble convincing people I have brain without dumbing myself down.

As a 6'8" man, I can quite empathize. I no longer try to convince. It's generally wasted effort.* I've found a soundly disdainful glare that says "I'm seriously contemplating grinding your bones for my bread" has a more personally satisfying effect. People who insist on holding to idiotic stereotypes deserve any appropriate misfortune. :)

*Ironically, my wife noticed exactly one thing when we first met--my vocabulary. Not my height, eyes, voice, etc. My vocabulary. Of course, she also thought I was a complete *******, which just goes to show one should not attempt to be witty and/or charming after working 20 hours in a day...

Faultie
03-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I like cretinous. I find it a fantastic adjective to latch onto the front of any myriad slurs you plan on hurling.

*Joins the rabble*

eldargal
08-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Looks like I'm back to my old, trolling tricks:

You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Which word?

If you are referring to iconic, which I feel you must be otherwise you would be some kind of moron (as all the other words are quite clear), then no, it means exactly what I think it does. The Space Marine is one of the defining images of both 40k and Games Workshop, instantly recognisable by many outside the hobby to some degree, more so than any other race (I'd like to think Eldar are a close second). In that sense it is iconic, it is the icon of 40k and GW even if isn't their logo.

Brass Scorpion is kind enough to point out he was probably referring to 'unique'.

Really? But it should be damned obvious I know the meaning of the word. Something is either unique or it isn't, something can't be more or less unique than something else, which is the point I was addressing. 40k is unique as there is no setting identical to it, ditto WFB.

Surely no one could be so stupid as to misread a statement that badly.

Then comes the fun bit:

Implications implying personal insults everywhere! You must be some kind of a moron, surely nobody could be that stupid!

Grow up.

Well, we have our first confirmed moron right here.

The first time I implied the poster was stupid was out of incomprehension that it could be any other word than iconic that was in dispute. The second was disbelief that it could be the word unique as I was correcting a misuse and displaying a knowledge of what the word mean't

Here's twenty bucks, honey. Go get yourself some tampons and use the leftovers to buy me a sandwich. Then learn what "sarcasm" is and what "adulthood" is and you might not find yourself needing to hide behind your white knights and your girl-parts every time you comment.

The guy made a joke, you threw out a few insults. Somebody pointed out it was a joke, you threw out a few insults. I pointed out there was no need for insults to a joke, you threw out a few insults. Grow up.

Aw, did little eldargal emasculate Garradh when she called him out on his petulant little rant? Now he has to hide behind sexist comments and bring up irrelevencies to make himself look big? Poor little man.

Xar may have been making a (failed) attempt at humour, in which case I apologise to him. You, however, have shown yourself to be an immature, misogynistic little cretin who can't form a coherent response to any argument. I never brought up my 'girl parts' nor did I hide behind any white knights, these are symptoms of your idiocy, nothing more. You are either trolling or deeply, deeply stupid. I care not which.

Now run along little chap, your intellectual superiors are trying to have a discussion about the merits of WFB.

All you did was prove me right, thanks.

So, maybe I missed a Princess Bride reference, somehow that makes me an imbecilic, stupid, tampon wielding, sandwich making, white knight exploiting, girl part abusing child.:rolleyes:

Aldramelech
08-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Looks like I'm back to my old, trolling tricks:

Brass Scorpion is kind enough to point out he was probably referring to 'unique'.

Then comes the fun bit:

So, maybe I missed a Princess Bride reference, somehow that makes me an imbecilic, stupid, tampon wielding, sandwich making, white knight exploiting, girl part abusing child.:rolleyes:

With big tits....................;)

Unzuul the Lascivious
08-10-2011, 06:49 AM
As much as I enjoy and indeed advocate utilising whatever rich and intricate handle of the English language one possesses, I have to also say that the use of profanity can also be as eloquent, funny and cutting as any precision constructed shard of a sentence.

In addition, EldarGal is something of a BOLS sex symbol to many of us - I am wondering whether perhaps we might have a calendar this year, perhaps a lingerie special? You know, just to make up for the disappointment of the WD Sisters Codex and all? Here's hoping...

The world is full of idiots...I think we've probably all been guilty of a little idiocy at times, I know I have.

eldargal
08-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Oh I forgot about those, maybe because I was too busy hiding behind them.:rolleyes:

With big tits....................;)

Unzuul, an interesting idea.:p

wittdooley
08-10-2011, 10:13 AM
I still blame that temporary shut down of Warseer. Lots of the gutter-dwelling filth from there found their way to our happy little corner. Damn you, Warseer. Damn you.

BTW, EG, I just found out this past weekend at GenCon that one of my gaming buddies got married in a Catholic church, medieval style. He wore custom fitted period-appropriate plate. I'll try and drum up some pics for you.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I likes me dem fancy talk!

*Seriously, Wittdooley may be on to something. The tempers on this forum got WAY shorter during my absence. It seems to me now that even if you post something with a big fat ;) marker next to it, inevitably some short-fused person will miss-interpret your remark (or take it far too seriously) and flame ya.

**I also agree with Beta Ray. Keep things interesting Eldargal!

***Shout out to Aldramalech too. Long time, no write.:D