PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine events questions!

Inquisitor Hate Machine
03-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Friday, 15 pts Mangled Metal/ Tooth and nail
I hear 3 minute rounds. That's fine, plenty of time. 10 games in a row excites the hell out of me.

Sunday Team event: 55 points, 2x25 + 5 floating.

Does this mean one player has a 30 pt list or can I have a 28 pt and a 27 pt?
Can we take the same warcaster (like pVlad and eVlad?)
Do these list count as seperate armies for FA, or together? (can I take 1 or 2 widowmaker units?)
How many rounds and how long per turn?
Can we bring more than one list, or is this a one list event?

I know it sounds like I'm being a douche, but I'm trying to plan lists with a friend and we have lots of overlap in models.

GentleBen
03-25-2011, 06:09 PM
You will have two separate armies and the 5 points can be divided between them as you wish. A 27 and 28 pointer are fine. This is mostly just to give Hordes players a little extra give for warbeasts.

For FA purposes count them as 2 separate armies with the exception that you may only have one of each character. So you can't take E and P Vlad or 2 fenrises. And if you want a second widowmaker unit you have to take two Khador armies.

Battlegroups have to be faction based (no Behemoths run by Harbinger etc.). I guess that should be obvious from the previous line but I'm sure it will come up if I don't put it in writing.

Mercenaries/Minions must only work for the faction that includes them in their force construction. So if you take Deneghra with Epic Haley and you want to bring along Eiryss, her points cost would have to be deducted from Haley's points pool, not Deneghra's.

I'm including these restrictions to try to preserve the setting just a little bit and to make it just a teeny bit easier for players to figure out what to expect. It should also encourage players to be a little more creative and not just take 2 eHaleys, 2 squires, and spam time bomb at everything the whole time. Granted there are combos that might be even nastier when you put different factions together, but that's the whole idea. That's what you're supposed to be doing.

Please feel free to post any more questions you come up with.

Falkus kibre
03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Is the price for the warmachine doulbles tickets 25$ each or does the 25$ cover both players like 40k?

AdamHarry
03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
What about theme lists, how will those be treated with the team lists?

GentleBen
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Is the price for the warmachine doulbles tickets 25$ each or does the 25$ cover both players like 40k?

That's a Jwolf question I'm afraid I can't help you with.

What about theme lists, how will those be treated with the team lists?

Good Question. No theme lists.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Can we use tier lists for the 15 pt Mangled Metal / Tooth and Claw?

Please say yes!

GentleBen
06-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Can we use tier lists for the 15 pt Mangled Metal / Tooth and Claw?

Please say yes!

Yes.