PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Blood - Tomb Kings

cwsanger
03-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Well this MIGHT be my first steps into WFB. I found out today that my wife might be interested in playing some WFB and she is interested in playing Tomb Kings. Now I was happy to see in the current WD that Tomb Kings are getting ready to be updated. Now finally for my question...what would be a good Tomb King "army" that could replace the High Elves from Isle of Blood? I am considering picking it up and instead on the High Elves my wife could play Tomb Kings and I would play Skaven.

Thanks and wish me luck:-)

Nosmo75
03-28-2011, 01:41 AM
I suggest waiting until April 30th when White Dwarf comes out so you know how the new Tomb Kings are going to play out. There's little to no point in buying the current models, they're not that hot, and we're all waiting with baited breath to see the new, updated, fantabulous Tomb Kings that GW will be rolling out in May, that we will first see in WD. =D

If you're not interested in the High Elves in IoB, then try and set up a swap shop with another wargamer who wants two sets of High Elves from IoB, you just buy one set each, and then spend a few minutes in your FLGS clipping the unwanted minis from your sprues and then swap your High Elves for his Skaven (but be *really* careful with the spears, hair, and other fiddly bits on the High Elves, I accidentally clipped off a couple of delicate bits when I did it). I did it in Nottingham last year at the IoB release for my Skaven-playing friend, and it was *so* worth the time (neither of us were interested in the High Elves). =)

eldargal
03-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Actually Tomb King pre-orders should be up on the GW website in a week or two.

Skragger
03-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Generally.. I find that just grabbing the battallion tends to work for starter armies. It gives you a good range (I think the Tomb Kings have some Skele Spearmen, skele archers, chariots, and a lordy-unit. Thats about 500-750 points, roughly what they put into the Isle of Blood. You can always play a few games like that and then say "okay, so it seems like the TK win each match, so lets try it without the archers" or something.

Or just grab the battallion for TK and the battallion for your army (or match it with your models if you have an existing army)

Mah two cents. I'm loving the new High Elves models. Didn't used to like them, but now that they're migrating away from those HORRIBLY clunky dragons that looked like they have down syndrome, I can really dig them.