PDA

View Full Version : CSM Dreadzilla list 1850

Bedroom General
03-30-2011, 06:22 AM
I had a game recently that reminded me why I liked possessed Land raiders so much.

So with that in mind, and available models

Daemon Prince Mk N Wings
Daemon Prince Mk N Wings
Greater Daemon

Dreadnought Extra A, Hvy Fl, Plas Cannon
Dreadnought Extra A, Tl Auto C
Dreadnought Extra A, Extra DCCW

8x Khorne B, Skull ch, PF (in Landraider)
7x Plague M, Plague ch, PF, 2x Fl (in Landraider)
6x Plague M, Plague ch, 2x Plas G

Landraider Possessed
Landraider Possessed

Under 1850

Any thoughts?

blackarmchair
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I like the concept. But I think it can be better accomplished. Consider the following:

[HQ]
+ Daemon Prince [175]
- Mark of Tzeentch, Wings, Bolt of Change
+ Daemon Prince [175]
- Mark of Tzeentch, Wings, Bolt of Change
+ Greater Daemon [100]

[Elites]
+ Chaos Dreadnought [120]
- 2x Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapons, 1x Heavy Flamer, 1x TwL Bolter & Extra Armour
- 2x Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapons, 1x Heavy Flamer, 1x TwL Bolter & Extra Armour

[Troops]
+ Plague Marines [266]
- 1x Plague Champion with Powerfist
- 6x Plague Marines; 2x Meltaguns
- Rhino APC with Combi-Melta
+ Plague Marines [266]
- 1x Plague Champion with Powerfist
- 6x Plague Marines; 2x Meltaguns
- Rhino APC with Combi-Melta

[Heavy Support]
+ Chaos Defiler [170]
- 3x Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapons, 1x Battle Cannon, 1x Twin-Linked Lascannon
+ Chaos Defiler [170]
- 3x Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapons, 1x Battle Cannon, 1x Twin-Linked Lascannon
+ Chaos Defiler [170]

Total: 1850 on the nose.

I see this as a significant improvement over your other list. Your princes are more survivable (4+ Invuln) and can deal with tanks at range as well as deal with most anything in cc. I normally wouldn't include the greater daemon in this list because you have to sacrifice one of your expensive and awesome Plague Champs. But I threw him in there because you seemed to want one.

Your Dreadnoughts should never be given ranged weapons because they are liable to use them...on you! Thus giving them an extra DCCW makes them into cheap mini defilers and eliminates the problems with their rules (no matter what you roll good stuff happens).

As troops and heavies go you were sinking A LOT of points into two land raiders. This is a really bad idea in general but is REALLY REALLY bad in an 1850 list seeing as two land raiders comprise nearly a third of your army and can be destroyed with a single meltagun. The Berzerkers are a good choice in general but don't really fit the theme of this list. Thus I have kept the plague marines to hold objectives and just be nurgle-y and unkillable and in the heavy slot have given you 3 defilers. These guys do everything. They bring 3x TwL Lascannons (which are almost as many as you had with the land raiders), a battle cannon (which is WAAAAAY better than that silly heavy bolter) and they can do something your land raider can't...kick *** in close-combat. These guys are fleet walkers with 5 attacks on the charge.

Basically your idea for a list is a good one. You pack in 6 walkers (all at AV12) and 3 creatures all of which can handle tanks and infantry. The idea here is to go for multiple assault units not to sink points into land raiders. Quantity over quality is usually better in 40k (not always but usually).

Connjurus
03-30-2011, 06:21 PM
I've actually had more good than bad happen with the shooting attack roll.

blackarmchair
03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Whoa. You changed your avatar....

Connjurus
03-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Whoa. You changed your avatar....

Mwahahahaha!

Yes. Yes I did. Thanks for noticing. :P

Demonus
03-31-2011, 10:00 AM
with blackarmchairs list, id drop the Gr Daemon and get a second power for those Daemon Princes.