PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with GW customer service?

zeronyne
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know what the general response time is for GW's US customer service email address? Thanks.

Culven
09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I have never used the email. I just call them when I have an issue.

eldaraddict
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I have called GW US a bunch of times, and have had a great experience each time. They have always been efficient and helpful. Great bunch of guys.

keithsilva
09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I emailed them for a rule question and they got back to me i think in a week

DoctorEvil
09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I had an issue with an order a few years back and talked to them on the phone. Great customer service. They even sent me a free figure for my trouble!!!!

Cascadia
09-01-2009, 04:36 PM
As mentioned ive always rang them up with issues, and have nothing bad to say about their customer servive, id assume the same high qualtiy service via email, so doubt you will have to wait to long for a response, God bless those mail order trolls

Docrailgun
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
They sent me the wrong product once, they sent me the correct item after a quick email. No problems at all.

alasgun
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I emailed them about the availability of a certain set that had disappeared off of their website and they got back to me the next day I believe saying that it would be available again later in the year. No hassle.

John Connah
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
A long time ago I bought a fig. that was missing a bit, called them up, and they sent me a whole new blister!
So my only contact with them has been great, they're very polite over the phone. I've never dealt with them in email but I'm sure it's very similar

The AKH
09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I emailed customer service asking about the Movie Marine rules and they got back to me after two days.

Dazz
09-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Personally I don't know why you would ever use email. Almost all questions of any importance need a simple phone call. I find with emails you seem to get even more varied and obscure answers about things then a phone call. I swear they answer emails at 4 in the morning with no sleep.

CrayolaSmoker
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I've heard mixed reviews of their customer service via email. I've had nothing but stellar personal experience with their customer service via phone. All problems resolved quickly, efficiently, and always in the customer's favor. Ring 'em up and see for yourself. ;)

zeronyne
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I will call them in the morning.

sorienor
09-02-2009, 03:55 AM
The phone service is great. The few issues with product I've had have always been fixed without question. Almost no hold times either.

Shadow Queen
09-02-2009, 06:33 AM
I had a missing pad from one of my chaos terminators and they sent me a new box.

oni
09-02-2009, 06:52 AM
I've had very good service both phone and email. Emails regarding orders I've placed were usually responded to in one to two days. Rules questions and other inquiry emails took a little longer, about a week. The single email that I had sent to GW legal took a little more than two weeks to get a response.

Phone support is definitely the way to go if you need something taken care of right away. I've always been treated exceptionally well and my issue resolved quickly and satisfactorily.

fade_74
09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I have had 2 issues with GW support and they were both resolved very quickly. I once got an order....then got the same order the next day. GW payed to have the second order picked up, repacked, and shipped back to them. The other time was a miscast of a tau sniper drone. They sent me a whole new box. Excellent costomer service.

AdorianBlade
09-02-2009, 09:17 AM
email is generally a few business days, but for real trouble use the phone, nothing but awesome from them there support staff is so nice it makes me want to move to GB and see if they are all like that

RogueMarine
09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
I have had nothing but great expirience with their support. I ordered TH/SS bits and half of them came in ruined emailed and 3 days later got a response and then the next day a whole new bitz order.

George Labour
09-02-2009, 09:25 AM
In my experience with GW customer support the phone calls are the fastest and most efficient means of getting things solved quick. Not only that but you can be sure all the bases are covered since you have more time and are conversing with a real person.

The one time I had an issue with an order, it took less than five minutes to get it sorted out and they sent me more of what I should have gotten. When I had to call them a second time they sent me even more of what I had ordered plus the pieces they'd forgotten the first time. :D

The free bits made the wait worth it though.

bloodangel001
09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Calling them is the way to go. always been great with costemer serv.

Tsear
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I called customer service when a flying base broke on a waveserpent, within a week I received a free giant pack containing something like 20 new flying bases. I quite like GW's customer service :)

WereWolf_nr
09-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Only once emailed and they got back to me the next day telling me to call them.

Lord Inquisitor
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
You just got to call them for whatever. They will basically ignore you if you email them but if you call them they will do it.

Ultramarine1
09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
i have tlaked to them on the phone once or twice, and they were very polite. no idea as to the adress though.

zeronyne
09-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, I thought i would now relate the issue that made me start this thread.

I bought a Tyranid Gargoyle blister pack (2 in a pack) from an independent retailer on Tuesday. I discovered that it was missing 1 set of arms and one base. I sent them an email and then started this thread to find out what kind of wait time I was going to have to expect for a resposnse.

On Wednesday, I received a replay, telling me to call directly. I spoke with a customer service rep and described the issue and c\gave the batch code along with other pertinent info.

On Friday (yesterday), I had a new blister pack in my hands via the US postal service.

I have to concur...that's some amazing customer service.

You know, being a relatively new 40k enthusiast, I have been interested in the ongoing debate about GW's prices and selective release schedule. With this experience, I realized at least one thing to be true: If you are going to sell little toy figures for a premium, you're going to want to take care of problems quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. I'm pretty impressed.

Legionary
09-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Excellent customer service. Whenever I've had a problem they've helped me out. Top staff.