PDA

View Full Version : Assasins!!!

Sonikgav
03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
An idea for a dilly GK army a friend of mine may be planning.

Coteaz - 100

Death Cult Assasin x12 - 180
Grey Knight SS - Psycannon, Halberds - 130
Crusader, Servitors x3 - Heavy Bolters - 30 (with Coteaz)

Vinidcare Assasin - 145
Callidus Assasin - 145

Land Raider Crusader - 255

Essentially he playtested the Assasins. Depending on wether the Assasins already have their two ccw attacks in their profile or not (we think not) thats 3/4 attacks on the charge. Coming from the Land Raider thats about 48 WS5, S4, Power Weapon attacks. When testing half of this alone was enough to take out a Marine unit.

The problem with the list though is the lack of Anti Tank. The Vindicare, and at a push the Psycannons are the only thing at range and theres even less in Melee but plenty of Scoring units.

Tynskel
03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
You should dump a Grey Knight Strike Squad so you can take another Elite choice Assassin. I would use the Eversor since ya wouldn't have very many psykers.

I am not sure what you are talking about in regarding the Assassins. Some of them have 2 close combat weapons (Callidus and Deathcult), others do not, or they have a CC weapon that requires to be paired (eversor--- lightning claws need pairs). The Culuxes and Vindicare only have 1 CC weapon or none.

Sonikgav
03-31-2011, 04:06 PM
You should dump a Grey Knight Strike Squad so you can take another Elite choice Assassin. I would use the Eversor since ya wouldn't have very many psykers.

I am not sure what you are talking about in regarding the Assassins. Some of them have 2 close combat weapons (Callidus and Deathcult), others do not, or they have a CC weapon that requires to be paired (eversor--- lightning claws need pairs). The Culuxes and Vindicare only have 1 CC weapon or none.

I mean the Death Cult Assasins. They have 2 attacks on their profile and have 2 Power Weapons so get an extra +1 (we assume its not already on their profile).

As for the Striek Squads, it depends on how the 'Are Inquisitor Retinues part of the FoC debate comes down (im NOT starting that one here, it has its own thread). If it says they are Useable as the minimum troops needed then probably both will be dropped for other things, most likely something to pop tanks.

Tynskel
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Seriously, if someone gives you crap for taking only henchmen, tell them to shove it. That Henchmen debate is an 'internet debate' and has no business in the actual playing of the game.

The Death Cult Assassins have 2 attacks and 2 Power Weapons. Power Weapons when paired (or with a non-special weapon, or with a pistol) grant +1 Attack.

Lemt
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd cut some DCAs, and get 3 Warriors with Meltaguns and a Banisher with Eviscerator in each unit. Meltas help pop transports, and Banishers mean you don't auto-lose an assault against a Dread or T7+ enemy.

EDIT: Another thing you could try out is changing those LRs for Redeemers with Multi-Meltas.

Sonikgav
03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd cut some DCAs, and get 3 Warriors with Meltaguns and a Banisher with Eviscerator in each unit. Meltas help pop transports, and Banishers mean you don't auto-lose an assault against a Dread or T7+ enemy.

EDIT: Another thing you could try out is changing those LRs for Redeemers with Multi-Meltas.

Again things that can be considered if he drops the Strike Squads.

A full Unit of Crusaders, Arco Flagelants etc or even just a unit of Acolytes with Melta weaponry (or like you say, 1 in each squad)

Lemt
03-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Again things that can be considered if he drops the Strike Squads.

A full Unit of Crusaders, Arco Flagelants etc or even just a unit of Acolytes with Melta weaponry (or like you say, 1 in each squad)

He doesn't have to drop the GKs.

Of course, if he drops the GKs and the Callidus he could have another unit of DCAs/Meltawarriors/Banishers in a Storm Raven...

Tynskel
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
I think you are missing the point of the thread--- Assassins. ie the answer should always be 'Take More Assassins!'

Lemt
03-31-2011, 06:05 PM
I think you are missing the point of the thread--- Assassins. ie the answer should always be 'Take More Assassins!'

Thats' what I said. Less GKs, more assassins.

Tynskel
03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
now I am confused, because your previous statement says to drop the callidus... that's negative assassins!

Lemt
03-31-2011, 06:33 PM
now I am confused, because your previous statement says to drop the callidus... that's negative assassins!

But it's all fine and dandy if you add more assassins than you remove!

plawolf
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
I would be tempted to drop the GKSS as 10 GKs are not going to do that much in the grand scheme of things.

I would also switch like two of the LRs for SRs to free up the HS slots. With the points from the GKSS and the savings from taking SR over LR, you should be able to get a couple of modestly kitted out dreadnights.

Paint them black and pretend they are mega ninjas. :p

dethangel
03-31-2011, 07:56 PM
An idea for a dilly GK army a friend of mine may be planning.

Coteaz - 100

Crusader, Servitors x3 - Heavy Bolters - 30 (with Coteaz)

Vinidcare Assasin - 145
Callidus Assasin - 145

Essentially he playtested the Assasins. Depending on wether the Assasins already have their two ccw attacks in their profile or not (we think not) thats 3/4 attacks on the charge. Coming from the Land Raider thats about 48 WS5, S4, Power Weapon attacks. When testing half of this alone was enough to take out a Marine unit.

The problem with the list though is the lack of Anti Tank. The Vindicare, and at a push the Psycannons are the only thing at range and theres even less in Melee but plenty of Scoring units.

how about this to amp-up the anti-tank.
give the servators MM instead of HB and add 1 more for 4MM
swap-out 1 DCA in each squad for a crusader to have somewhere to dump wounds, 3++.
combine(you can combat squad them later) the SS take 2x psycannons and psybolts thats 240pts saving 20 pts. these are the sit and support guys not CC. thats for the DCA
i think if you change out the land raiders for Stormravens with lascannons and MM's it will get those assassins into CC faster.
the 170pts you saved can go to a razorback for the GKSS and one for coteaz and crew. each with TLHB and psybolts. that leaves 70pts to play with.

Tynskel
03-31-2011, 08:09 PM
hahahah! I like that idea!

There's only one problem with taking so many ninjas:

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/17p70