PDA

View Full Version : DoctorEvil's 1500 point Grey Knights

DoctorEvil
04-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok....so after a couple of days of reading, I think I finally have the basis for my GK army down. Looking for comments and suggestions to optimize the list....

HQ - Grand Master (no upgrades)

Troops - GK Strike Squad - 10 man unit w/ 2 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, 1 Demonhammer and a Rhino

Troops - GK Terminators - 5 man unit w/ 1 Psycannon and Justicar Thawn

Elites - Purifer Squad - 8 man unit w/ 2 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, 1 Demonhammer and a Rhino

Fast Attack 1 - Stormraven with Psybolt Ammo

Fast Attack 2 - Interceptor Squad - 7 man unit w/ 1 Psycannon, 5 Halberds,and 1 Demonhammer

Currently at 1499 points....GM goes with the Termies in the Stormraven.

Things I'm still debating...

* Halberds in general - Is it worth it to have 5 Halberds for the SS & the Interceptors? I expect and hope for the Purifers to get in CC, so it seems like a good thing for them to have.Still debating this one......

*Thawn- He's cute....but is he worth it. I'm probably going to have to try a few games and see. The points I save on him could take my Purifers to a 10 man unit.

Tynskel
04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
really, depends for the halberds. If you are fighting eldar, the 5 halberds makes a world of a difference. Same with Hormogaunts.

dethangel
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
i would get rid of the halberds on the strike squad. the strike squads are great for take and hold stuff but they lack the attacks in CC and they have no inv. save, theyre easy targets for melta/plasma spam. ive had some success using them to siese objectives and added covering fire for the main assault force.get
rid of the psycannon and halberds on the interceptors take falchones instead. they really need more attacks.
.. get more purifiers..