PDA

View Full Version : Uno mas?

Sonikgav
04-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Just one more GK list from me before the building and constructing begins......

So many valid options in this book. The only thing im not sure on with this one is the lack of Tansports but i will be making use of LOTS of Deepstriking here.

Grand Master - Incinerator, MC Sword, Psychotroke Grenades, Rad Grenades, Skulls x2 - 260

Paladins x5
Apothecary + Halberd
Psycannon + Hammer
Psycannon + Halberd
MC Halberd
MC Hammer + Banner

Venerable Dreadnaught - TL Autocannon, Assault Cannon, Psybolts - 195
Venerable Dreadnaught - TL Autocannon, Assault Cannon, Psybolts - 195

Terminators x5 - Psycannon, Hammer, 4 Halberds - 230

Tynskel
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I feel that this list could use storm ravens.

Sonikgav
04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I feel that this list could use storm ravens.

I could add them but id have to drop a unit of Termies for each one. 10 scoring models doesnt seem too surviveable to me.

plawolf
04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
GM seems a bit too tooled up. Consider dropping a few upgrades, if only to get an extra 10pts to make the dreads riflemen.

The palidins also seem very pricy, for an extra 10pts, you can have another 2 x 5men Termie squads with psycannon and hammer.

Why are you taking venerable dreads when you are not using any HS slots? You could have 3 normal riflemen dreads for 15pts more (5pts more if you upgraded the venerables to full riflemen), and those 3 will be much better than the 2 venerables.

Your general lack of transports could prove a problem against anything fast or long ranged as they can pick you off at will if they can keep you out of 24" range, which won't be hard against footslogging termies.

If you want to play a termie heavy list, I would consider dropping the palidins, downgrading the GM to a Libby or keep him as bare bones as possible to take a pair of LRCs with psybolt ammo to help get your guys in the fight. Personally, I would go with the libby since Might of Titan + hammerhand gives us back the S6 GKTs of old. Quicksilver and sanctuary are also solid powers, and with the summoning, you could port your footslogging GKTs right into the mix.

I would also take 2 10 men GKT squads and combat squad them to put both psycannons in one 5 men unit, and the hammer in the other. The hammer units ride in the LRC and aims to jump into CC asap while the twin psycannon combat squad provides mobile medium ranged fire support.

Although TBH, a decent sized purifier squad would probably be better than GKTs as a hammer unit to ride in the LCR. If you take the Libby with them and also buy quickening for the Libby, it will prob be worth while finding the extra points to give the purifiers Falchions.

With that, you could potentially get 4 (or 5 depending on how you read the rules for flachions) S6, I10 attacks each on the charge on top of cleansing flame for the purifiers. I think that's a little better than what a GM + 5 Palidins could manage.

Although if you take LRCs, you won't be able to take 2 normal riflemen dreads.

I would also try very hard to find the points for a Vindicare as he is one of the best units in the game, and is an amazing force multiplier.

Tynskel
04-04-2011, 06:41 PM
If you dropped two terminator squads, and used the Grand Master to make the Paladins claiming, you would have 15 guys that can claim. The Stormravens can then bring the termies and dreads into position. The stormravens can be equipped to be multipurpose.

by the way, your points don't equal 2000.

plawolf
04-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Storm Ravens would be a bad idea for this list. Firstly, he has ranged dreads that should be on the field from the get go and shooting stuff, not sitting around doing nothing in a Raven. Even if the Raven manages to drop him off, that only puts him closer to the enemy, who would delight in you making it easier for him to tie your ranged dread up with some cheap speedbump unit for the rest of the game so all that great shooting potential is wasted.

Onto the storm ravens themselves, if you stick a termie squad and a dread in each raven, you have a grand total of 3 units on the field, two of which might as well have neon signs saying 'shoot me first' on them, and with AV12, are unlikely to weather a round of shooting from even your run of the mill play for fun lists.

Land raiders also hold up 'shoot me' signs, but at least have the armour to have a decent chance of getting their passengers where they want to be.

Lastly, 15 scoring models, even termies, is pitifully few at 2k, especially so when you have 16 guys total in your army and 4 vehicles, none of which are better than AV12.

Just for comparison, a 2k GK list I have put together has 42 guys, 11 of which are termies, 30 are scoring, 2 dreads and a LRC.

DarkLink
04-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Your GM is the wrong price. With the upgrades you have listed, he's 220pts.

You can't take a MC Daemonhammer and a Banner. You replace your NFW with the Banner. As a result of the lost force weapon attacks, I wouldn't take a banner except in large squads where you can really reap the benefits.

And don't bother with the apothecary. Or the Incinerator on the GM, either. It's near worthless if you don't have a transport to quickly get your GM exactly where he needs to be to use it.

That saves you 145pts. That's another Psyrifle Dread.

Incidentally, those 2 Vendreads are about the same price as 3 Psyrifle Dreads. 3 Dreads are better than 2 Vendreads.

Sonikgav
04-05-2011, 12:48 AM
I already have a list with Rifleman dreads, vindicare assassins and mass purifiers. Tbh this was a deliberate attempt at a 'lets field something different to everyone else' list.

Didnt spot that the banner removes a force weapon so yeah thats gone and the Incinerator on the GM was cos i had spare points. I went for Vendreads because of the extra BS to try the more versatile assault+autocannon build. Dropping the Paladins for more basic troops seems sensible though somehow less fun ;-)

Lemt
04-05-2011, 06:21 AM
I'd go for two 10-man squads over four 5-man squads. If you want you can Combat-Squad them, or you can keep them as a single unit to have less KPs. It also makes Brotherhood Banners more worthwhile. As a 10 man squad you'll lose 2 attacks and gain 9, and even as a 5-man squad you'll lose 2 and gain 4.

EDIT: Also, I'd scrape the points for an Inquisitor with a Plasma Syphon. **** plasma.

Bean
04-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Remember that the Storm Raven can carry a dreadnought in addition to terminators, which makes it good for a null-deployment deep-strike army (which the grey knights can do well). It comes down, unloads the termies and dread, and all three can shoot--and since none need to be particularly close in order to get good shots, they don't have to make a risky deepstrike. The storm raven lets you easily incorporate dreads into an army in which they otherwise wouldn't really work.

A psy-rifle dread (not venerable, not really worth the points) full-on psy-dakka stormraven, and a termie squad with psycannon come to 610 points. They all deepstrike together and have enough extra room for a character in termie armor.

If you really want a 2000 point deep-strike GK list, I'd start with two of these unit combos (1220 points). Fill in with paladins (315 for five with unique weapons and two psycannons), more terminator squads with psycannons (220 is all these should cost), and a GM (220 with a psycannon) or Librarian (about 180, after you buy him a pile of psychic powers and a MC halberd).

An easy sample list would be:

GM, Psycannon : 220

Paladins, psycannon/sword, psycannon/halberd, sword, halberd, hammer : 315

Terminators (5) psycannon : 220

Storm Raven, Hurricane Bolters, Psybolt Ammunition : 255
Storm Raven, Hurricane Bolters, Psybolt Ammunition : 255

Dreadnought, 2x twin-linked autocannons, psybolt ammunition : 135
Dreadnought, 2x twin-linked autocannons, psybolt ammunition : 135

That's only 1975, leaving you 25 points for mastercrafting or extra wargear or whatnot.

blackjack
04-05-2011, 10:35 AM
"of LRCs with psybolt ammo"

Never put psybolts on Cursaders. The whole advantage of LRCs is the ablity to move 12" and fire defensive guns + machine spirit gun. Psybolt makes the bolters str 5 and thus no longer defensive.

dethangel
04-05-2011, 11:08 AM
i think that properly equipped Stormravens are are the key to really getting your assault units into the juicy underbelly of the enemy force. ive had some good luck over the last few days using them. if you take one. i would look at taking a libby with Shroud and might of titan this will give you a 2+ cover save for the stormraven(when moved flat-out) and combined with hammerhand the assault unit can get S6, I6 halberd attacks. ive not lost a single model in CC yet using this combo and ive wiped out everything ive assaulted(so far). now ive been thinking if quickining can make the hammers I10 i might make a hammer squad S10, I10. ouch:cool:

Bean
04-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Blackjack:

I generally agree with regards to Crusaders, but not with regards to Storm Ravens, since the Storm Raven still has the option to move six and fire everything. I would play it with Heavy Bolters, though, rather than the Multi-Melta if you're going with the psybolts.

Also, Dethangel:

The Shrouding gives a unit Stealth, which is a +1 to its cover save--not a +2. It turns a 4+ cover save into a 3+ cover save--not a 2+ cover save.

That said, that's still a good idea. Not quite Fortune, but good none-the-less.

Sonikgav
04-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Ok lets try this revision.

Grand Master - MC Sword, Psychotroke Grenades, Rad Grenades, Skulls x3 - 225
Librarian - Halberd, Teleport Homer, Summoning, Might of Titan - 180

Terminators x5 - Psycannon, Hammer, 4 Halberds - 225
Terminators x5 - Hammer, 4 Halberds - 200

Dreadnaught - TL Autocannon, Assault Cannon, Psybolts - 135
Dreadnaught - TL Autocannon, Assault Cannon, Psybolts - 135

dethangel
04-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Blackjack:

I generally agree with regards to Crusaders, but not with regards to Storm Ravens, since the Storm Raven still has the option to move six and fire everything. I would play it with Heavy Bolters, though, rather than the Multi-Melta if you're going with the psybolts.

Also, Dethangel:

The Shrouding gives a unit Stealth, which is a +1 to its cover save--not a +2. It turns a 4+ cover save into a 3+ cover save--not a 2+ cover save.

That said, that's still a good idea. Not quite Fortune, but good none-the-less.

i thought skimmers get a 3+ for flatout moves. or is that bikes?(yah, i looked it up.it was turbo-bikes) i sometimes get confused. i use bikes alot. well either way a 3+ cover(with stealth) save is still great. the SR also gives you some long support.
if you take a NFsword the libby will have a 4++ save. good, if you have ot hoof it across the field.

DarkLink
04-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Bikes get a cover save equal to their armor. Skimmers get a standard 4+ cover save.