PDA

View Full Version : Queries and Curiosities

Lord Castellan
04-05-2011, 12:52 AM
LC here with a couple random questions. Probably mostly common sense but its an excuse to come out of lurking. :p

1. So to clarify, you can participate in both the 40k Doubles Tournament on Friday and the 40k GT on Sat/Sun with no rolls on the mishap table yes? (Please dont get confused its a lame joke)

2. Whats going on Thursday Night? Its probably posted somewhere but I cant find anything. Im sure itll be posted as we get closer but I need to ask off work pretty early in advance, so Im curious what time events start that night?

3.What level is the paint scoring on? (for games, not contest entry) For instance, im not very good at painting. My models are quite obviously based and painted up with four or five colors, but my disability to do all that well demoralizes me from fine detail painting. Will this be a serious hamper in points? (The answer is probably a resounding yes :p)

4. Do you need a display table/fluff at all for the GT? Another obvious one that I just want some clarification on. Im assuming that fluff and flavor will be "Nice but not necessary" here

5. Not sure if you can divulge this information, but are there still a decent number of slots open for the GT? Im gonna need time to sign up and I hope it doesent fill up.

Sorry for redundant questions, just want to make sure I correctly understand things, its my first Warhammer event after all.

Jwolf
04-07-2011, 09:43 AM
LC here with a couple random questions. Probably mostly common sense but its an excuse to come out of lurking. :p

1. So to clarify, you can participate in both the 40k Doubles Tournament on Friday and the 40k GT on Sat/Sun with no rolls on the mishap table yes? (Please dont get confused its a lame joke)

2. Whats going on Thursday Night? Its probably posted somewhere but I cant find anything. Im sure itll be posted as we get closer but I need to ask off work pretty early in advance, so Im curious what time events start that night?

3.What level is the paint scoring on? (for games, not contest entry) For instance, im not very good at painting. My models are quite obviously based and painted up with four or five colors, but my disability to do all that well demoralizes me from fine detail painting. Will this be a serious hamper in points? (The answer is probably a resounding yes :p)

4. Do you need a display table/fluff at all for the GT? Another obvious one that I just want some clarification on. Im assuming that fluff and flavor will be "Nice but not necessary" here

5. Not sure if you can divulge this information, but are there still a decent number of slots open for the GT? Im gonna need time to sign up and I hope it doesent fill up.

Sorry for redundant questions, just want to make sure I correctly understand things, its my first Warhammer event after all.

1. Correct. Teams and GT do not overlap (except perhaps in the drinking ---> hangover fashion.

2. Thursday night will have things like pod racing and challenge games, just plain pick-up games, and other items announced as we get closer.

3. If you are painted to a tabletop 3 color standard you will get most of the painting points. To win best painted, you'll need those fine details, but lack of fine details should not affect you substantially in the overall standings.

4. Correct. Too many people are flying for us to require displays, though we do recommend some sort of easy toting device for your convenience.

5. GT slots are still available. Obviously signing up sooner is better, but you should be fine for a few weeks.