PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt Eldar List

Sonofthelion
04-05-2011, 08:33 PM
2000 Pts - Eldar Roster

HQ: Avatar (1#, 155 pts)
1 Avatar, 155 pts ((pp.24 & 61 Eldar); Unit Type: Monstrous Creature; Fearless; Daemon; Inspiring; Molten Body; Wailing Doom)

Elite: Fire Dragons (7#, 261 pts)
5 Fire Dragons, 261 pts ((pp.32 & 62 Eldar); Fleet; Fusion Gun; Melta Bombs)
1 Fire Dragon Exarch (Fleet; Crack Shot ; Firepike; Melta Bombs)
1 Wave Serpent ((pp.45 & 63 Eldar); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Tank, Fast); Energy Field; Spirit Stones; Star Engines; TL Shuriken Catapults; TL Scatter Lasers)

Troops: Dire Avengers (11#, 297 pts)
9 Dire Avengers, 297 pts ((pp.30 & 64 Eldar); Fleet; Avenger S-Catapult)
1 Dire Avenger Exarch (Fleet; Bladestorm ; Diresword; Shuriken Pistol)
1 Wave Serpent ((pp.45 & 63 Eldar); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Tank, Fast); Energy Field; Spirit Stones; Star Engines; TL Shuriken Catapults; TL Scatter Lasers)

Troops: Dire Avengers (11#, 292 pts)
9 Dire Avengers, 292 pts ((pp.30 & 64 Eldar); Fleet; Avenger S-Catapult)
1 Dire Avenger Exarch (Fleet; Bladestorm ; 2 Avenger SC)

Troops: Pathfinders (Rangers) (7#, 168 pts)
7 Pathfinders (Rangers), 168 pts ((pp.38 & 64 Eldar); Fleet; Infiltrate; Move Through Cover; Stealth; Ignore Difficult Terrain; Pathfinder Stealth; Scouts; Pathfinders; Shuriken Pistol x7; Ranger Long Rifle)

Troops: Guardians (11#, 128 pts)
10 Guardians, 128 pts ((p.39 & p.64 Eldar); Fleet; Shuriken Catapult x10)
1 Warlock ((p.27-28 & p.60 Eldar); Psyker; Embolden ; Fleet; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Singing Spear)
1 Weapon Platform (Scatter Laser)

Troops: Guardians (11#, 128 pts)
10 Guardians, 128 pts ((p.39 & p.64 Eldar); Fleet; Shuriken Catapult x10)
1 Warlock ((p.27-28 & p.60 Eldar); Psyker; Embolden ; Fleet; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Singing Spear)

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron (3#, 76 pts)
3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, 76 pts ((pp.40 & 64 Eldar); Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Turbo-boosters; Eldar Jetbike; Shuriken Cannon x1; TL Shuriken Catapults x2)

Fast Attack: Warp Spiders (6#, 174 pts)
5 Warp Spiders, 174 pts ((pp.36 & 65 Eldar); Unit Type: Jump Infantry; Warp Jump Generators; Death Spinner)
1 Warp Spider Exarch (Unit Type: Jump Infantry; Withdraw ; Hit & Run; Warp Jump Generators; Powerblades; Death Spinner x2)

Heavy Support: Fire Prism (1#, 160 pts)
1 Fire Prism, 160 pts ((pp.43 & 67 Eldar); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Tank, Fast); Holo-Field; Shuriken Cannon; Prism Cannon)

Heavy Support: Fire Prism (1#, 160 pts)
1 Fire Prism, 160 pts ((pp.43 & 67 Eldar); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Tank, Fast); Holo-Field; Shuriken Cannon; Prism Cannon)

I would like some honest feed back plz.

Tynskel
04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
maybe put the fire dragons in a falcon?

I dig the list, otherwise.

Wombatofcombat
04-05-2011, 10:26 PM
falcon would make for epic win, have u concidered a seer council on bikes?

Sonofthelion
04-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Ill have to try out a falcon. Not sure what weapons to put on it.

seer council's I know are effective but are alot of points. Not sure where I would get those pts from.

blackarmchair
04-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Woot! Something not grey knights I am very happy sir.

That being said, I don't understand a lot that's going on in this list.

I see why you took the Avatar; he's there for fearless I expect. It's not a bad buy but he is kind of price-y for just a fearless bubble and I also notice a distinct lack of Farseer in your HQ slot.

The Fire Dragons are nice, but I'd like to see two of them. Don't bother with the Exarch, he's not worth his points.

Troops are all over the place! I'm digging the dire avengers in the Serpent but I'm not sure about all the foot troops. I'd keep the pathfinders just to camp on an objective but the guardians have got to go. They are far too expensive to justify the one heavy weapon that they get. Other than that I'd just take more pathfinders to hold an objective.

Multiple jetbike squads are nice one jetbike squad is a red herring, I'd go without.

Finally, Warp Spiders are decent shooters but how much damage does a 6-man squad do?

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom. I'm sure a lot of this is coming from me not being overly-familiar with Eldar. I've read a lot about them but don't get the opportunity to play them often. If I'm missing something please tell me (I'd like to know).

Thanks again for posting something other than Grey Knights ;)

Sonofthelion
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
@blackarmchair

I once used avatar and farseer which worked quite well. the avatar drew fire and was kept alive using fortune for most of the game.

a second fire dragon squad I know would be effective but I was trying to avoid just spamming fire dragons (even though they are the aspect, besides dire avengers, that I have the most of. Also I was thinking of adding a falcon and putting my 6 man squad in it(or a 5 man)

I know I OD'ed on troops. I wanted to make sure that I would have enough units to control objectives. the pathfinder/DA should be enough though. I may try one more pathfinder squad just to see how that goes. but what tends to happen when I get pathfinders is that they seem to need some kind of counter assault unit nearby in order to protect them.

Jetbike squad could go not all that attached to it

warpspiders aren't going I love em too much. every game i've used them they have torn **** up. I could add 2 more at the most just to increase effectiveness and so that they can survive longer

thanks for the input :)

DrLove42
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I love the fact you're using Spiders and an Avatar...makes it different to every other cookie cutter Eldar list out there...

My one point on this list is the Prisms are your only long range AT. Sure the avatar and the dragons can punch stuff up close, but on turn 1 you got 2 shots. Personally...I think Prisms are kinda rubbish. And my thoughts aside, they'll struggle with AV14 Russes and Raiders. Maybe a lance or 2 squeezed in for the hardier stuff?

Sonofthelion
04-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I love the fact you're using Spiders and an Avatar...makes it different to every other cookie cutter Eldar list out there...

My one point on this list is the Prisms are your only long range AT. Sure the avatar and the dragons can punch stuff up close, but on turn 1 you got 2 shots. Personally...I think Prisms are kinda rubbish. And my thoughts aside, they'll struggle with AV14 Russes and Raiders. Maybe a lance or 2 squeezed in for the hardier stuff?

thanks for giving me some points for originality I was try to make my list as non-cookie cutter as possible while still being effective(not sure if i was successful with that)

if i were to put the falcon in there I think that may get rid of some of the anti tank problems. (not so much the land raiders and russes more so for light tanks and transport

I think ill modify this list play test it and then report my findings.

davel
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Your fearless avatar bubble will include warlocks with embolden?
Yes makes sense if you plan on loosing your avatar.

jet bikes in my experience you need five or six. In 5th true line of sight means you t can't hide 3 and they run too easy ( and run fast)

prisms don' need the cannon, true it's bs 4. how ever once you lose the big gun your foe will not want to shoot you. Ram contest tank shock block his advance are all options.

Dave l

blackarmchair
04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah, if you're going for originality more than "by-the-numbers" efficiency I think you've achieved it well. The army has a lot of variety and would look very striking on the tabletop.

Sonofthelion
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Your fearless avatar bubble will include warlocks with embolden?
Yes makes sense if you plan on loosing your avatar.

jet bikes in my experience you need five or six. In 5th true line of sight means you t can't hide 3 and they run too easy ( and run fast)

prisms don' need the cannon, true it's bs 4. how ever once you lose the big gun your foe will not want to shoot you. Ram contest tank shock block his advance are all options.

Dave l

the avatar may go (I would prefer to keep him but if it doesn't work it doesn't work)

the three man jet bike squad I was planning on hiding in reserve and then turbo boosting at the last min to claim an objective. sounds good in theory but doesn't work so well in reality

The cannons are definitely going I've just placed an order on ebay for shurkien catapults (I can't find mine from the kit.) so that I can save 20 pts.

Sonofthelion
04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Here is a revised version of my list

HQ:

1 Avatar, 155 pts

Farseer 110 pts)
Fortune Runes of Warding; Runes of Witnessing; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade)

Elite:

Fire Dragons (80 pts)

Troops:

Dire Avengers (292 pts)
Exarch ( Bladestorm 2 Avenger SC)
1 Wave Serpent Spirit Stones Star Engines; TL Scatter Lasers)

Dire Avengers ( 292 pts)
Exarch Bladestorm ; 2 Avenger SC)
1 Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones; Star Engines; TL Scatter Lasers)

5 Rangers ( 95 pts)

Rangers ( 95 pts)

10 Guardians (138 pts)
1 Warlock (Conceal; Singing Spear)

10 Guardians (138 pts)
1 Warlock ( Conceal, Singing Spear)

Fast Attack:

5 Warp Spiders (110 pts)

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism (1#, 160 pts)
(Holo-Field; Spirit Stones; Prism Cannon)

Fire Prism ( 160 pts)

(Holo-Field; Spirit Stones; Prism Cannon)

Falcon ( 175 pts)

( Holo-Field; Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; Shuriken Cannon; Pulse Laser)

Brettila
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Keep those warp spiders! My army is based around 20 of them. If you go with a falcon, remember it is essentially an anti-troop tank. The 1 hit (normally) you get from a pulse laser does not do much to vehicles. Give it a starcanon or scatterlaser plus a chin-mounted shuriken cannon with a holo field and watch your opponents curse your survivability. On occasion I put a cheap farseer with guide and a rune of warding inside. That really annoys people.
Yeah, guardians are just not worth what you pay. You might as well buy more avengers in a serpent. 3-man bike squads are too fragile, and again, can shoot but 12". I am always leery of these lists with 6-man units. It is too easy to blow them away with T3, Sv4+. Buy 10 when you can. But, as was stated, if there is any chance of their having a psyker, take a farseer with warding to ruin his day. Also, I didn't see any Conceal on the troops. Having that save is really handy.

Denied
04-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I played against a similar list, but he had a Night Spinner and Falcon... imo being on the other end of those Night Spinners SUCKS! I lost an entire squad of Lemun Russ Demolishers because of it.... that sucked ....

So yeah I would suggest the Night Spinner to really F-up any Mech heavy armies.

Sonofthelion
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I have decided to make two lists one pure mech one pure foot here is my mech list

HQ

Autarch Jetbike, mandiblaster, laser lance, Reaper launcher 155

Elites

Fire Dragons 80
wave serpent S.stones S.Laser 125

fire dragons 80
wave serpent S.stones S.laser 125

Troops

10 Jetbikes 2 s.cannons 240 pts

DA 60 pts

wave serpent s.stones s.laser 125

DA 60 pts

wave serpent s.stones s. laser 125

DA 60 pts

wave serpents s.stones s. laser 125

Vypers 2. s.stones 2 starcannons

Fire Prism s.stones holofield 160 pts

fire prism s.stones Holofield 160 pts

Nightspinner s.stones Holofield 160 pts.

blackarmchair
05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Whoah, thread necromancy...

HarlekissofDeath
05-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I personally love playing my night spinner too. but i liked the first alot too. the last one with the spinner looks too much like all the other lists out there eldar.
warp spiders are the ****, but i would say add some harlies, or banshees or scorpions. something with some punch in the assualt.
i would suggest the harlies, they are expensive but paired with doom from a farseer they can wipe out alot of stuff in one turn, and are slightly hittier than banshees, and slightly killier than scorpions, and more survivable too with the shadowseer. just take a 10 man unit, with kisses on everyone, and shadowseer with kiss and keep them as a counter strike unit for anyone coming up on your rangers. they ignore cover, have fleet and they have furious charge and hit and run.
i like storm guardians with a warlock with enhance. give them a melta, and flamer and let them go at units too. put them in a wave seprent with tl brightlances.
just a thought. oh yeah i love the avatar, no one expects him, and he is great for armor (espacially walkers).

davel
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
i have tried using my night spinner, i have come to a conclusion.

it's ability is mainly to do with messing with opponents head

I'm going to bulid some gruesome webbed! tokens to remind me 1)something is webbed but also 2)to make the point IF YOU MOVE YOU DIE! yes it's 1 in 6, and actually i don't think it killed any one by them moving, but this is mess with head warfare.

i will need to watch reverse psycology opponents, who may move things because they are webbed

dave l