PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentchian Knights!

TheCreator
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I gazed at the new Sphinx and thought "That would make an awesome Dreadknight."
So I'm jumping the bandwagon of Tzeentchian Grey Knights!

1498 points:
Tzeentch Lord (Inquistor with Daemonblade and power armor)
2 Daemons (Daemon hosts)
2 Spell casting Horrors (Jokaero Weaponsmiths)
carried by a Raven of the Storm (Typoon Missles and Plasma Cannons)
Dread Sphinx (Dreadknight with Greatsword and Gatling Psilencer)
and 2 squads of Terminators (Incinerator, Psycannon, Psybolts, Warding Stave, 1 Halberd and 1 Hammer each)

So, what do you think?

Connjurus
04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I think you need a Librarian or a Grandmaster to be a Thousand Sons Sorceror Lord in there. xD But that may just be me. ;)

SonicPara
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
This is worse than Goatboy trying to play Chaos as Space Wolves.

Lerra
04-06-2011, 02:45 PM
The only problem is that the model is HUGE. Much much bigger than a dreadknight. I think I'm going to use that same Sphinx model as a second Soul Grinder for my Tzeentchian Chaos Daemon army, but it's almost too big for that.

Thousand Sons counts-as Grey Knights actually makes a lot of sense. Ksons have a ton of psykers, after all. I'm tempted to play my loyalist Blood Ravens as counts-as Grey Knights for the quantity of psykers. I'll probably wait like 6 months so that it's less flavor-of-the-month, though.

SonicPara
04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
It makes sense except for the whole incorruptible thing. Not to mention C:GK is an inquisition book. Just use the Sphinx as a greater demon or a Soul Grinder as previously mentioned. Codex hopping to the shiny new rules is bad enough with SM players but Chaos to Grey Knights? Horrible.

Connjurus
04-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Incorruptible has nothing to do with it when you're not using the codex as Grey Knights. You're using their rules, which fit, for another army. It makes plenty of sense.

isotope99
04-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I think most of the chaos forces have a good argument for one of the other power armour books:

World eaters: Space Wolves
Thousand Sons: Grey Knights
Death Guard: Necrons ( I really want to do this when we get a new necron codex)
Emperor's children? (harder this one but I'd lean towards blood angels as they're both big time posers)

Word bearers: Also tough (blood angels have lots of chaplain options though so an Astorath list could be cool with death company as posessed)
Iron Warriors: CSM: with forgemaster, dreads & vindicators
Alpha Legion: CSM: An outflanking Khan list or (Grey Knights with henchmen as cultists)
Night Lords: Blood Angels Descent of Angels style

The key is to be creative with your theme IMHO.

elmir
04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Cool ideas isotope... :D

Anyway, I agree that using another codex for another army isn't a problem if it sort of makes sense. And this does have a VERY clear link tbh. The GK rules fit thousand sons just fine. So much even, that I don't think you'll be the only guy doing this... ;)

Heck, any excuse for a fun modelling project is good, regardless of what rules you want to use to represent them.

TheCreator
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
The only problem is that the model is HUGE. Much much bigger than a dreadknight. I think I'm going to use that same Sphinx model as a second Soul Grinder for my Tzeentchian Chaos Daemon army.
All it needs to do is fit on the large oval base. 120mm x 95mm for the oval, 50 x 100mm for the Sphinx original, seems fine to me.

This is worse than Goatboy trying to play Chaos as Space Wolves.
No, this is better, it's going to be more than headswaps.

I think you need a Librarian or a Grandmaster to be a Thousand Sons Sorceror Lord in there.
I thought about it, but the librarian doesn't interest me as much the Daemonblade.

I'm just so giddy about this visual of blue Terminators followed by a Sphinx and a thunder bird carrying daemons.

Also, do any of you have an idea for a large bird/dragon model for the Storm Raven?

Kawauso
04-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I think most of the chaos forces have a good argument for one of the other power armour books:

World eaters: Space Wolves
Thousand Sons: Grey Knights
Death Guard: Necrons ( I really want to do this when we get a new necron codex)
Emperor's children? (harder this one but I'd lean towards blood angels as they're both big time posers)

Word bearers: Also tough (blood angels have lots of chaplain options though so an Astorath list could be cool with death company as posessed)
Iron Warriors: CSM: with forgemaster, dreads & vindicators
Alpha Legion: CSM: An outflanking Khan list or (Grey Knights with henchmen as cultists)
Night Lords: Blood Angels Descent of Angels style

The key is to be creative with your theme IMHO.

I'd think World Eaters would make more sense as Blood Angels with lots of Death Company, personally.

The Space Wolves are feral, yeah, but the headstrong counter-attack thing seems too level-headed compared to how insane the World Eaters are. DC have Rage, which I think fits. And hey, they can't even hold objectives! They'd have to table their opponent! :) (sure you could use non-DC units as counts-as for other parts of the army...but pure berzerker madness would be fun)

Connjurus
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd think World Eaters would make more sense as Blood Angels with lots of Death Company, personally.

The Space Wolves are feral, yeah, but the headstrong counter-attack thing seems too level-headed compared to how insane the World Eaters are. DC have Rage, which I think fits. And hey, they can't even hold objectives! They'd have to table their opponent! :) (sure you could use non-DC units as counts-as for other parts of the army...but pure berzerker madness would be fun)

Counter-attack actually makes sense to me - they see they're getting charged, so they charge right back.

Sonikgav
04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
The problem i see is that your 'Lord' is gonna be a Toughness 3 meatbag. Plus your trying to make a 1K Sons list and not taking a Librarian? And since when did the Thousand Sons use Dreadknights? Even if theyre is a big 'egyptian themed' model you could use. I think thats where alot of your 'oh its just new book band-wagonning' complaints are gonna come from.

Oh and sorry but Blood Angels make better World Eaters than Space Wolves. One special rule doesnt outweigh the fact that you can make an army of bloodcrazed slaughtermonkeys whos only thought is to tear people to bits.

Lerra
04-06-2011, 10:52 PM

The best Word Bearers army I've seen is Imperial Guard with Grey Knight allies. You take lots of conscripts and convert them to be new recruits, townsfolk and such, using the Empire Flagellants kit. Although this doesn't work anymore for obvious reasons. =/ You could probably have the marines count-as Ogryns or Stormtroopers, though.

Connjurus
04-07-2011, 02:21 AM
The best Word Bearers army I've seen is Imperial Guard with Grey Knight allies. You take lots of conscripts and convert them to be new recruits, townsfolk and such, using the Empire Flagellants kit. Although this doesn't work anymore for obvious reasons. =/ You could probably have the marines count-as Ogryns or Stormtroopers, though.

Witch Hunters with Space Marine allies, or vice-versa?