PDA

View Full Version : Final Revision (Grey Knight 2k)

Sonikgav
04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
So after feedback from multiple sources, some tweaks and other things heres the list im ordering and building.

Crowe - 150
Xenos Inquisitor - Psychotroke Grenades, Rad grenades - 55

Purifier x10 - 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, 4 Incinerators - 255
Purifier x10 - 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, 4 Psycannons - 295
Purifier x5 - 3 Halberds, 2 Psycannons - 146
Terminators x5 - Psycannon, 4 Swords/Halberds, 1 Hammer - 225

Vindicare - 145
Inquistor Henchmen - 5 Death Cult Assasins, 2 Crusaders 105

Dreadknight - Incinerator, Psycannon - 200
Dreadnaught - Twin Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 135

3 Razorbacks - Psybolts, Searchlights - 153

The two 10 man squads break down into identical Combat Squads. One half takes a Hammer and the 4 Special Weapons in a Razorback, the other half takes 5 Halberds on foot in a second wave charge along with the other 5 man unit, the Dreadknight and the Termies, spreading mid-range firepower as effectively as they can. Any heavy shooting/Armour will be Sniped by the Vindicare/Psyflemen, and depending on mission Crowe will be in the 3rd Razorback moving into an attacking position of his own.
The Seacrhlights are there to help the Vindicare and Dreads take out enemy firepower without getting shot back at during the inevitable Dawn of War Night fight and the Death Cult Assasins will be sat on a home objective daring something to charge them or off looking for something to chop up. Inquisitor will probably be with them since hes not kitted out to withstand the sort of firepower a unit like the Termies will attract.

1 point spare but not sure where it could go lol. The only choice left to make is wether the Termies need Halberds or would be ok with the Swords for the extra save.

If i could say theres one thing bugging me though is that, with so many special ranged weapons my Combat ability seems.....limited, even with Purifiers.

DarkLink
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
You're going to charge your psycannons forward and assault with them, while leaving your NFW guys behind? And you're not even doing it with a Rhino to at least let your psycannons get a turn of shooting first?

And the DCA are just going to get shot off the objective. No need to assault them. DCA aren't even scoring without Coteaz, anyways.

Sonikgav
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I may not move the Psycannon guys in the Razorback. I may let them walk and dont underestimate the DCA's. Sure theyre succeptible to getting shot at but they can hit pretty hard and the Crusaders should negate a few of the harder hits. Im aware theyre not scoring but they can contest if needed. generally i think they will hang out nearer to the smaller Purifier unit as their Combat support.
Those 'tactics' arent set in stone, theyre just a general idea for what role the units have rather than 'heres my unit list, i dunno what theyre gonna do but they look cool' etc.

One question though. Why would my Psycannons get a turn of shooting in a Rhino but not in a Razorback?

Root
04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Rhinos have a fire point allowing up to 2 models to fire from the top hatch as long as it moves 6" or less. (Psycannons are perfect for that.) Razorbacks do not have a fire point.

Sonikgav
04-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Ok then, after a little Rejigging....this looks better.

Crowe - 150
Xenos Inquisitor - Psychotroke Grenades, Rad grenades - 55

Purifier x10 - 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, 4 Psycannons - 295 (in Rhino)
Purifier x10 - 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, 4 Psycannons - 295 (in Rhino)
Purifier x5 - 3 Halberds, 2 Incinerators - 126 (in Razorback)
Terminators x5 - Psycannon, 4 Swords/Halberds, 1 Hammer - 225

Vindicare - 145
Inquistor Henchmen - 5 Death Cult Assasins, 2 Crusaders 105

Dreadknight - Incinerator, Psycannon - 200

Razorback - Psybolts, Searchlights - 51
Rhino x2 - Searchlights - 82