PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Space Hulk Terminators?

Cerberus
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
What are your plans for the Space Hulk Terminators? Are you planning on painting them as Blood Angels, or are you going to mod them to fit your own tastes. Personally, I think it would be a shame to mess with the detail on them, so I will be faithfull to the game and buy some red paint. I can always use them as an allied Blood Angel force.

Later

Grantavius Kennarius
09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm going to try to convert them to Dark Angels, because I play Dark Angels. I think that the 'blood drop' can be modified to be the bottom of a sword and then a hilt added to be a broken sword for Deathwing. Still haven't quite decided though.

Turkadactyl
09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I want to add terminators to my Witch Hunters for Apocalypse games. I think the Space Hulk termies look fantastic and may get another box to boost up my termie count fast. This will mean filing down the BA icons. The thing is though I think the Space Wolves termies will look better with my other armies theme. I am planning, however, on painting the Space Hulk termies a different color regardless of whether or not I go with Space Wolves termies or not.

gwensdad
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I'll have to get them and see. If there's not too much iconography then my White Scars 1st company will be complete, if not then I may do a Blood Angel or successor force based on those terminators.

gospog
09-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm actually agonizing over this right now.

I could convert the icons to hearts dripping blood easily enough. That would beef up my Lamenters Terminator count.

But this could be a good excuse to learn how to paint a cool-looking red scheme.

Or should I use this opportunity to start an all new Chapter?

Torture!

Azazel665
09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I reckon I'll just do 'em up Blood Angels as it'll be different enough from my usual paint habits.

CrayolaSmoker
09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I've been considering doing a white color scheme with red and black accents, but a quick look through Lexicanum has me considering an Angels Vermillion (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Vermillion) color scheme like the smaller pic on the right.

Jimi
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Painting them up as normal BA termies. The fact I have just started a new BA army helps :D

Exitus Acta Probat
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm going to try to convert them to Dark Angels, because I play Dark Angels..

got it in one...must have DA! :) (though painting them unmolested really has my limited attention span distracted)

Red__Thirst
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I fully intend to paint them up as Blood Angels Terminators and hope to show them off here as soon as I can get them finished. I have a Blood Angels army that they will fit nicely into, and am actually most excited about the terminator Librarian, as I intend to use him in my blood angels army as a secondary HQ choice. Also, the model is *Badass* looking.

So yes, they will be Sons of Sanguinius, oh yes they will. :)

PlaguedOne
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
If I manage to get my hands on any, I'll happily be converting them into Death Guard terminators.

pig of sparta
09-02-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm planning on painting them up as Blood Angels straight outta the box. My regular army is red, but a different shade of red, so it'll be interesting to see how close I can get to the GW established 'Blood Angels Red'.

Brother_Artimese
09-02-2009, 01:25 AM
The idea of converting them to DA is making me do some serious thinking. These guys would make some awesome deathwing.

If only I didn't have both armies so I didn't have to decide.

sad Mark!

Esven
09-02-2009, 01:25 AM
As I am an avid BA player, the first squad will be painted up as they are. If I get my hands on a second squad, I might convert some stuff, maybe transfering small details onto my existing standard plastic termies to lift them closer to the details level of the new cool SH termies.

I will of cause be basing them on 40mm raoud bases so they can be deployed in a game of 40k

masariel
09-02-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm gonna use them for my DIY Legio Divina Chapter shaving and converting just a bit..
..Then they'll be blood angels or deathwing..since Legio is multi codex chapter...
I just need to build a couple of shoulder missile launchers.. :)

BeastsofWar-John
09-02-2009, 02:51 AM
if i was rich enough i would have bought 2 sets. one set pure blood angels. and the other set my custom chapter. But since im not that rich i am going to bite the bullet and make them my own chapter.

BoW- John

the_great_gonzo
09-02-2009, 02:56 AM
My intention is to paint them as standard Blood angels. My local GW were giving away A5 flyers with a terminator painting guide printed on it. Seems fairly simple, the copy of SH the store had painted up using the guide looked really good, different from the style in the latest White Dwarf, and better IMO.

Culial
09-02-2009, 03:05 AM
I honestly don't think I can bring myself to paint them; my skills are just not up to it yet!
They are absolutely beautiful models, and I fear I couldn't do them justice.
Think I'll hang on to them and keep practicing until the Blood Angels Codex is released and then reassess my ability.

That said, I'm seriously considering converting up a batch of Red Scorpions specifically for Hulk, the only draw back being that that wont be cheap, and Hulk already wiped me out until payday :(

Brother Hastatus
09-02-2009, 03:15 AM
I've been spending ages wondering about what to do with them... I think painting them as BA would be nice, as then they fit with the fluff with the game. But then they'd all be normal and there would be loads of the exact same models kicking round, so I am also considering de-BAing them and painting them as Ultramarines, as then they fit with my current army and would be unique. But, that would also mean they were quite similar in colour to the genestealers, so I'd have to paint them differently. I really don't know....

miteyheroes
09-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Space Wolves. With lots of sculpted furs and runes to conceal the BA iconography.

Wolfshade
09-02-2009, 03:50 AM
It would have to be Blood Angels colour scheme, anything else would stand out from the rest of my Blood Angels army. Though, I would be tempted to try out some of the heavy metal techniques in this months WD just need another 57 different paints and then I'll be ready

Valdore
09-02-2009, 04:30 AM
I think it's going to be Blood Angels, but possibly use them as allies to my Star Phantoms marines in games :) Cheeky, but hey!

Johan
09-02-2009, 04:39 AM
I'll be taking this operunity to start the deathwing army that got me interested in 40k last year but never started.

Shadow Queen
09-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Might do my own version of Blood Angels, or do Scythes for my army.

thingol
09-02-2009, 05:15 AM
I haven't decided whether I'm going to GS and file all those drops into swords for Deathwing, or if I'm going to paint them the dreaded Blood Angels Orange. I'm tired of painting red, and the orange would be a nice homage to the original paint scheme.

fleabanger
09-02-2009, 06:29 AM
leave them as is, that libby is so nice

oni
09-02-2009, 06:57 AM
I know I want them painted, but I'm not sure if I can fit them into the already bursting list of models I have lined up to paint. I may end up commissioning someone to do them. If I do, I'll have them done to 'Eavy Metal standards. I guess time will tell what I decide.

eldargal
09-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Paint them up as Blood Angels when I've got some practise in on some old metal terminators (I've never painted terminators or blood angels before) and use them as allies for my very small female SM chapter (which I have made to annoy fluff-ultra-purists)

Dahli.Llama
09-02-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking of converting them to the side of Chaos, since I want some Termies for my Chaos marines. I don't play any kind of Space Marine force otherwise.

Either that, or I'll just paint them up in BA colors for display.

jcflanker
09-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm going to try to convert them to Dark Angels, because I play Dark Angels. I think that the 'blood drop' can be modified to be the bottom of a sword and then a hilt added to be a broken sword for Deathwing. Still haven't quite decided though.

I was gonna do the same thing, convert them to Deathwing. after getting the box however there is just way too much Blood Angel iconography on them it would take way too long to do the conversions. I decided to paint them all BA and keep them in the box so Space Hulk will stay as a stand alone game.

RedRat
09-03-2009, 07:59 PM
First thougt was: My BT Army could use a bunch of Termis.
But now I´m undecided to convert or BA them or to leave them alone for a while... Think I have to wait till I open the box and can see them.

chrixter
09-04-2009, 02:08 AM
If I buy, still undecided, then I go Blood Angels.

Herald of Nurgle
09-04-2009, 03:52 PM
If I manage to get my hands on any, I'll happily be converting them into Death Guard terminators.
^

thewickedworm
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
It's going to be difficult to convert them since the icons are everywhere and doesn't look easy to shave/cut off.

Schnitzel
09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Painting mine as Flesh Tearers and dedicating them to Khorne. Being such a questionable Blood Angels sucessor chapter, its easy to believe they could fall from grace and into the service of the blood god!

grail
09-05-2009, 07:02 AM
going to use them as blood angels and rebase them on 40mm bases, and add them to the other 33 terminators that i have,and use them for my 3d space hulk board i have been working on for the 6 months :D

Fabricator General
09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll be adding to my Blood Angel chapter with these models! They are some of the best sculpts GW has put out.

Angelic Despot
09-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I'll be painting mine as Blood Angels. I have a BA army, but they won't fit in with it, sadly. Due to basing and the level of detail!

I see my models as being stand-alone for the game.

Sure, you could convert them to a different chapter, but I'm not so much concerned at the time people would spend doing this, but the why. These are beautiful sculpts, so why spend a huge effort changing them? If you're willing to put that effort in, why not convert regular terminators?

Xas
09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
mine will be painted regular BA. I'll maybe start a BA army once the new codex comes but that is a BIG maybe. I bought the game for the game itself and not for a SM/NID type of black reach :).

the stealers will be painted like my other ndis but prolly never see a 40k table either.

Deadman42
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I plan on painting mine in the colours of the Angels Sanguine chapter (halved red and Black) and I can leave on most of the Iconography, as they are a BA successor. Shouldn't be too hard.

Lanparth
09-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Its very easy for me, and I only need a new paintscheme largely. I'm making them blood ravens. THe blood drop is a blood ravens symbol, the wings are very much like the raven itself. So, its a total win for me. :D

ravenG85
10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Raven Guard, but probably not all of them.

lobster-overlord
10-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I will add them to my 30,000 point Blood Angel Apoc Army. They make the last two squads of termys to bring my total up to 50 terminators (10 x5 man squads). I've been collecting BA since 2000. My paint scheme is more orange than red, and I go with it as a BA successor chapter.

John M>

Marshal Wilhelm
11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I am in the process of BT them.

Removing all BA iconography. Dremeling the righ shoulder pad and putting a Sword Brethren one on top. Adding BT parts and also using the DA censors and jumbo purity seals.

The Librarian will become a Grey Knight.

I will give them a magnetised 40mm base.