PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt. Dread List (C&C Please!)

Tanon
09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Here's a list I threw together for a 2k point tourney in a couple months. Thoughts are most appreciated.

HQ: 120 pts.

MotF w/ Conversion Beamer: 120 pt.

Elite: 415 pts.

Dreadnought w/ 2x TLAC: 125 pt.

Dreadnought w/ TLLC & ML: 145 pt.

Dreadnought w/ TLLC & ML: 145 pt.

Troops: 660 pts.

10 Man Tac Squad w/ Meltagun, ML, PS, Razorback: 225 pt.

10 Man Tac Squad w/ Meltagun, ML, PS, Razorback: 225 pt.

5 Man Scout Squad w/ Telion, Camo, Sniper, H.Bolter: 135 pt.

5 Man Scout Squad w/ Combat Blades: 75 pt.

Fast Attack: 240 pts.

LS Storm: 50 pt.

2 Man Attack Bike Squad w/ Multi-Meltas: 100 pt.

Land Speeder Typhoon: 90 pt.

Heavy Support: 540 pt.

Ironclad Dreadnought w/ Heavy Flamer, Pod: 180 pt.

Basically, keep the regular Dreads in the back for some dakka support, the CC Scout Squad in the Storm for objective running. I have the Razors in there for fire support, though I'm also considering swapping in Rhinos and put the melta and sarge in there for run n' gun melta shots from the hatch. Podding in the Ironclads for general havoc and fun. The MotF will sit back with the Telion squad in reinforced cover and take potshots, and Telion will be used to pick off high priority targets (Klaw nobz, Fist Sgts) from squads so that the Ironclads can run roughshod. I haven't done point calculations, but I also thought about swapping some of the Dakka Dreads for Dakkapreds, though I'm not sure what I'd do with the extra points.

ligolski
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm really interested in how a list like this would run. Seems like a lot of fun.

You cover anti tank and infantry pretty well too. I think you should do decent enough with objectives too with that amount of infantry.

dmlachap
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't know if this would throw off the point values, but it might be beneficial to give the motf a servo harness so he can repair the dreads and other vehicles.

Tanon
09-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Bump. Anymore thoughts?

Saint Omerville
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Can you find the points to put 2 more of the Dreadnoughts in Drop pods and Give them a Multi-melta instrad of TLLC?
I know 3 Dreads dropping in first turn would scare me as a 40k player, especially Ironclads.

-Mike