PDA

View Full Version : Zogwort or War Boss?

WAAAGH_Prophet
09-01-2009, 07:44 PM
So i've got this tournament on the 20th and I'm gunna get stuck into it wif da boyz. Last tourney My orks didnt fair as well i hoped. Using bikes trucks and fast stuff. This time I plan on trying a footslogging list and I really want to take Zogwort and a Big Mek. Usually I never go without My Boss but this time I'm liking Zogwort's curse and either a Shokk attk gun or KFF. Anyone use Zog before? Should I really leave my boss out? Hmmm

Chumbalaya
09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't recommend footslogging, it's too easy to get shot up, charged, or just dicked around by mech armies which you have no answer to.

Zoggy is a fun little guy, but suffers from all the problems Weirdboyz do except he's double the cost. Easy to knock out, random powers, gets screwed over by psyker defense.

Fuegan17
09-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah I'd Probably just go with a warboss and honestly a footslogging list is still good it just needs something with speed in it.

slopike
09-02-2009, 01:25 AM
The reason I toss in Zogwort occasionally in my army is to take care of those pesky independent characters; or at least have a chance to. In my area especially there are quite a few Lysander look-a-likes which is normally very hard to kill; so if I can turn him into a squig before the guy can get a swing in Zog makes up all his points and more:).

WalkableBuffalo
09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
I would definitely go with a warboss because of the ability to take meganobz as troop choices. And zogwort is just plain weird.

WAAAGH_Prophet
09-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Yea I dont have any Mega Nobz -_-..... And for the past 2 tourneys Mech lists have been kept on the low. Yes you'll see a transport or two (rhino, Land Raider most likely) but the thing to do right now for my area is play a full or almost full drop pod army. That could change for this tourney, but I doubt it will. And since most drop pod, i get free range on setup, mob after mob would be nice to set right at the deployment border. Anyway, Zogwort was ment to hopefully squiggify the special chars that always come up. Shrike, Vulkan, thoes Master of the Ravenwing and Deathwing guys. Always see them. I could Take a warboss and Zog. Because I'll likely only get a turn, 2 tops out of a wide cover from the KFF from the mek before things space out and get into close combat

lupo1982
09-02-2009, 06:11 AM
I take ork pysker only for fun, for a real match my choice is GAZZY, couse he got the supreme WAAAGH
(hwr i use 6 Kamion of ork + 1 kamion with meganobz and gazzy nad 3 deffkopta for outflank)