PDA

View Full Version : Counts as Khan, you decide

RexScarlet
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Counts as Khan on Moondrakken, you decide

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Banditohound/IMG_0758-1.jpg

One is the White Scar Sgt. Bitz order from GW, needs a new bike base...

The other is from a Bitz-Bash in 30 min at a GW store (I had to order the wheels), most players do not like the 60mm base he is on...

Let me know which you prefer

chrixter
09-02-2009, 02:17 AM
The White Scar Sgt as you then got a model which is really say "HQ" rather than hodden guy on bike, although I'd rather like the 60mm base.

splnes
09-02-2009, 02:37 AM
i think he looks pretty cool, i like the missles, do you count those as grenade launchers?

Brother Masariel
09-02-2009, 02:38 AM
me the regular khan for sure..
..what kind of model should the other one proxy?..bike with missiles??

Bomma
09-02-2009, 04:49 AM
The round base makes the one with missles look spiffy.

Unsure of what look your trying to achieve though?

B.

Tom
09-02-2009, 05:02 AM
The missile bike could be used as a landspeeder at a stetch. I prefer the other model though - it looks more...appropriate

Tom

trenchfoot
09-02-2009, 05:48 AM
I really like the missle/bike conversion....that's just the sort of "out of the box" kitbash that makes great models....that being said, it looks like he will blow off his arm and scorch himself to cinders when he fires...:D

ggg
09-02-2009, 06:17 AM
I vote for the white scars Sgt. Perhaps the other chap could be some kind of 'counts as' master of forge on bike with conversion beamer? - forbidden lore and all that?

asmodai650
09-02-2009, 06:38 AM
The missile launcher could count as the "missile strike" that a space marine master now gets. Why is the base a problem with the folks in your area?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
I think the Missile-Bike is worthy of its own datasheet, it's not impossible, it's a cool model and it wouldn't be over-powered.

Itkovian
09-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I think the Missile-Bike is worthy of its own datasheet, it's not impossible, it's a cool model and it wouldn't be over-powered.

Seconded. Who doesn't want a chilled wine rack on their bike? :D

Both models look really good, though the WS sergeant is the most fitting, really...

RexScarlet
09-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all your thoughts on the minis.

The Capt with the Missiles was from a 30 minute bitz throw-together contest, after that I added the back-pack, different head, bolters, and wheels, so I really did not plan the design to be functional, as I only had 30 min to glue the whole thing together, but just assume that they rotate “up” to fire, lol.

As for the 60mm base; people think that it limited their assault of the bike squad, because the 60mm base was in front of the “triangle” formation, so it added extra distance and let my bikes be within 2” while keeping their troops away, go figure, I really think they just wanted to complain about something.

Thanks again…

Fantomex
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Of course the White Scars biker is more White Scars, but the missile-toting conversion is utterly ace, in my opinion.
Bearing in mind I've NEVER liked marine bikes, this ahs actually made me want to go experiment for my Iron Hands.
You sir, get two thumbs up. :D