PDA

View Full Version : British People!

Herald of Nurgle
07-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I know that this sub forum says about 'London', but I would just like to have a bit of a roll call for fellow members of England etc etc

Nickname: Herald of Nurgle
Signing in for: Northampton
Available: Yes. Currently in Holidays

40k Armies: Chaos Space Marines (*), Eldar (*), Chaos Daemons, Imperial Guard, Necrons (*)
Fantasy Armies: Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos, High Elves, Skaven

(* denotes apoc scale force)

Col.Gravis
07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Rob aka Col.Gravis here,
signing in from sunny, ahem, soggy Devon,

SotonShades
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Matt aka SotonShades

in Leicester at home and Southampton for university.

more or less always availible.

p.s, who's attending Games Day this year?

Herald of Nurgle
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Might as well attend. Got nothing better to do with the cash :P

Jim
08-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Matt aka SotonShades

in Leicester at home and Southampton for university.

more or less always availible.

p.s, who's attending Games Day this year?

Jim from London here...I went to Soton Uni and used to work in the GW there in term time...ahhh great days!!!

Not sure if I'm going to Games Day this year...saving my pennies for Empire army...

Grabnutz
08-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Craig from deepest Mid-Wales here (a bit like Arkansas, but without the charm).

Presently working during the week in Crewkerene, Somerset.

I am an ancient Grognard who can rarely remeber a rule or a battle I've actually won. Favoured armies include Orks, more Orks, Kult of Speed and Nurgle CSM's. Yes I like Green :)

2dØpe
08-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Another one signing in.

Craig From Hartlepool, Cleveland

Hoping to goto gamesday, need to try and sort out a lift first like

Masked Thespian
08-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Masked Thespian
Northamptonshire
Going to Games Day with my local gaming club, running a table.

MC7
08-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Leon here from West Wales.

Now we all know thats not in England, but whenever I go to the States, they all say I'm from Engand - imagine that!

Inquisitor McSagington
08-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Scotland CSM player here. Bring on the loyalists!

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm from Norn Iron, which still makes me British.
I play Eldar, SM, CSM, Orks...
Not going to Games Day.

Diagnosis Ninja
08-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Darren here, Coming from Houghton-Le-Spring. Never heard of it? It's in the North East, near to Durham and Sunderland. Never heard of those either? Damn, it's near Newcastle :/
(I've truncated the usual conversation on forums into this nice, clean post, just for you :P)

I play Space Marines, Daemons, Eldar, Orks, and Tau.
In Fantasy it's Daemons and Dark Elves.

boogle
08-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi I'm Liam aka boogle, I lve in Eastbourne.

Probably not attending GD this year, but my sister will be getting stuff/info in my absence

Mick A
08-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Another one from Devon, Exmouth this time...

Jipin
08-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Jip here from Crawley area (Gatwick's doorstep).

40k I play: Daemonhunters, Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons & Tau.
I also have Fantasy armies of: Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, Orcs & Goblins, Dogs of War & Ogre Kingdoms.

I also play Battlefleet Gothic (just Imperial/Space Marine) and Mordheim (any type of warband other than Skaven & Possessed)

I am attending my first Games Day this year, and pretty looking forward to it.

2dØpe
08-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Darren here, Coming from Houghton-Le-Spring. Never heard of it? It's in the North East, near to Durham and Sunderland. Never heard of those either? Damn, it's near Newcastle :/
(I've truncated the usual conversation on forums into this nice, clean post, just for you :P)

I play Space Marines, Daemons, Eldar, Orks, and Tau.
In Fantasy it's Daemons and Dark Elves.

Houghton-le-hole eh :p

I'm from just down the road (its a 15-20mile long road or sumit lol), may have to challenge you to a game when i get me guard army sorted :D

Warpsword
08-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Tom here from Rotherham
Currently playing Eldar and Marines in 40k and just started a Vampire army for fantasy.
Not sure if i'm off to Ganes Day yet

MuNsTeNbRaU
08-07-2009, 03:36 AM
Dave from Guildford, I am currently playing daemons but i have black templars, space wolfs (in production), Tau and Necrons

Thompo
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Thompo here, answering the call, also from guildford (Hey Dave :D)

Currently Playing: The Evergrey Horde (Vampire Counts)
Projects on the go: 23rd Arbites (Imperial Guard), Crew of Cannon Snatcher (Empire/Dogs of War)
Also into: Pirate Mordhiem Warband

Not going to Games Day unfortunatly

4thCompanyMasterCorvus
08-08-2009, 02:12 AM
I am A Bristolian 40k player
Armies include:

Imperial:
Imperial Guard
Demon Hunters
Witch Hunters
Dark Scars (Dark Angel Successors)

Xeno:
Eldar (not much)
Tau

Chaos:
Iron Warriors

"Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse”

Grabnutz
08-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Bleedin' typical. I've spent fours years living in Guildford... and now I'm gone, again. Ho hum.

Emperorsmercy
08-12-2009, 09:41 AM
emperors mercy from cambridge here!

Grabnutz
08-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Just a quick point for our former colonials.

You have set up 'british' fora for London, Birmingham and Manchester. Is it worth pointing out that a lot of us in Britian are not English? We're Welsh, Scottish and Irish too. How about dumping the last two english cities and adding Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast...?

Jive Tyrant
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Another Londoner here, born and bred.

Anthony Yeates
09-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I hail from the somerset town of Weston-super-Mare, and despite what my Londoner freinds say it's no damn village!

I have a sizeable Tau force, a handful of IG wich is the beginning of a full army, and a set of AoBR SM which I'm going to be painting up as a teaching army to help get my freinds into 40k.

I'm also attending Games Day, getting the coach from the Bristol Central store!

fuzzbuket
09-26-2009, 01:43 AM
hi from glasgow
nice weather out the window its just rain rain rain.

Why no fourm for scotland:mad:

TSINI
09-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Sean Smith (TSINI) Signing in,

I'm from Devizes, it sounds russian I know, but its in the heart of Wiltshire (ooh arrr, oi can't read and oi can't wroite, but that dun't really matter, oi come from the West Country and oi can droive a tratter!)

"You Don't Get Suprises Living In Devizes" as said by the Wurzels
"Wiltshire born, Wiltshire Bred, Strong in the arm and thick in the 'ead"

so after all that, i have 2 Guard armies (although one is old and badly painted) both are apoc sized. but i'm most likely to use my current army the "Lucky 88th" which is ever-expanding.

I'm always contactable on my blog http://lucky8th.blogspot.com

looking for some fun players to join me and a few mates on a fluff campaign at nottingham Warhammer World sometime in the future.

need to be 18+, able to get to nottingham for a few weekdays (if we do it midweek while the schools are open WW will be empty :D)

Wolfshade
09-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Just a quick point for our former colonials.

You have set up 'british' fora for London, Birmingham and Manchester. Is it worth pointing out that a lot of us in Britian are not English? We're Welsh, Scottish and Irish too. How about dumping the last two english cities and adding Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast...?

Because Birmingham has a higher population than Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast, with Manchester just more than Cardiff and Belfast?

Statistically therefore there are more WH40K players in Birmingham & Manchester than the majority of the other British captials

mcl
10-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Aint no shandy drinking Southerner!

Howay the lads etc.

Originally from North Co. Durham (Blackhill, Crookhall, Delves Lane, etc) I am now resident in Hexham. Which apparently makes me a 'posh' Geordie. Or something.

I play SM (own chapter) with lots of IG boxes building up for my IG army.
No.1 son plays Necron when he can get his teenage arse in gear.
No.2 son plays 'nids... with Orks building up (and they are noisy dammit)

ggg
10-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Giles (ggg) here, waging The Emperor's wars in Upminster Essex (the heretics round here can be identified by their white socks)- although thinking about moving to the east midlands for work and I am pleased to see a really strong gaming community up there.

j-orge-287
10-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Reporting from Worcester here (C'mon you Warriors for those who follow guiness premiership)

I collect: Imperial Guard and High Elves
I aspire to collect (because I suck lol): Eldar, Tomb Kings, Space Wolves/Marines and Ogre Kingdoms

MC Tic Tac
10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
MC Tic Tac here, I live in Nottingham (home of GW :) )

I have Marines, loads of IG, and Eldar for 40k.

Orcs for WHFB, and Humans and Chaos for Bloodbowl.

Orlock for Necromunda and some Inquisistor stuff too.

Darkseer
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Evening all, reporting in to represent the Hoddsedon Wargamers Massive of Hertfordshire (just outside North London).

Things are quiet out here in The Shire.

Only 5 of us in our gaming group (aged 22-26) and nothing by mutants and madness at the local clubs in the surrounding area. Okay, there's 1 that's alright, but it's full of cliquey old blokes.

Nickname: Darkseer
Signing in for:Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Available: Sundays usually unless someone lives very close.

40k Armies: Space Wolves, Tau

ColCorbane
01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Out in the sticks!

ColCorbane, or Mel for short. I'm a 34 year old guarder veteran encamped in Wrexham.

Sangre
01-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Laaaaaarndon! Croydon and Covent Garden specifically.

Aldramelech
01-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Goodbye

pgarfunkle
02-04-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm Richard from Basingstoke. I play Blood Angels primarily with secondary Guard force of Catachans and Steel Legion. Also, once I find the models, a small Tyranids force.

Grailkeeper
12-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Should have posted here ages ago Grailkeeper- Lambeth via Dublin.

Only have an escher gang over here with me but I have the rule book for first ed and some black library books

Archroy
01-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Hope I'm not necro-ing a dead thread!

Archroy here, from Sunderland. Collecting Chaos Marines, Orks and Empire armies... Recently back into the hobby, so looking for opponents! If you're in the vicinity PM me! :)