PDA

View Full Version : Saganami Island Tactical Simulator?

Connjurus
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't know if anyone here reads the Honor Harrington series of books (I can hope, though!), but there's a tabletop wargame sold in a boxed set based on it, with several additions and play-aids, using a streamlined and modified version of the Attack Vector game engine.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the game, or the engine it uses? Done a bit of research and apparently it uses the as yet unreleased Squadron Strike ruleset, and is developed by AdAstra Games. Any information on the game, company, or ruleset would be lovely!

Thanks.

Lane
04-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I've read all but the most recent book and the combat sounds like it would be fun to game
OTOH the rules would have to be very well written for them to accurately represent true 3D combat.

So far I have not heard anything about the game.

Connjurus
04-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Here's a link to it: http://www.adastragames.com/products/adastra/sits.html

I really like what I hear about the stacking bases - to help with the 3D combat bit - and the tilt bases let you roll your wedge towards the enemy.

Glad to know someone else reads Honor Harrington. :)

Charistoph
04-29-2011, 10:21 PM
The Honorverse is the most detailed sci-fi universe thst hasn't received Hollywood treatment that I've seen. Absolutely amazing.

I've been hoping to get my hands on a game in that universe, pc or tabletop.

Connjurus
04-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Well, from what I've heard, this is a great game, but I'm looking for some third and fourth opinions. :) But yes, I agree, Honor Harrington is amazing - my second favorite series of books of all time, and I can't wait for the next one.

Lane
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Interesting way of doing stacked bases. For those doing miniatures they could also use the Canvas Eagles style stacked/ tilting stand.

Connjurus
05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I've decided to go ahead and invest in the "starter" set - so much for what you buy! 40 miniatures, two two x three foot game mats, ship books... @_@ And the fleet additions are CHEAP. Way cheaper than playing Battlefleet Gothic.