PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Battalion Repricing - WTF?!

Necron_Lord
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I was looking at the GW website today, and lo and behold the pricing of the Tomb Kings Battalion went from $90 to $120. The horsemen and chariot count is the same, maybe they added a few more warriors - I am not sure. The box reflects the art on the new Warhammer Armies book, but a $30 increase?!

Does someone know if the warrior count is the same as in the old battalion? If so, this is a new low.

Farseer Uthiliesh
04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I was looking at the GW website today, and lo and behold the pricing of the Tomb Kings Battalion went from $90 to $120. The horsemen and chariot count is the same, maybe they added a few more warriors - I am not sure. The box reflects the art on the new Warhammer Armies book, but a $30 increase?!

Does someone know if the warrior count is the same as in the old battalion? If so, this is a new low.

2011 Battalion:

This set contains 40 Skeleton Warriors (which can be equipped with spears, hand weapons or bows and includes the option for several command groups); 8 Skeleton Horsemen (which can be equipped with spears or bows and includes the option for a command group); and 3 Skeleton Chariots (which can use spare parts from the Skeleton sprues to create a command group).

It's $180 in Australia and it looks like it contains the same amount of models as the last iteration, although I am not sure. And people wonder why I refuse to purchase more than paints from GW stores :rolleyes:

aztex3400
04-29-2011, 04:23 PM
You get eight (8) extras skellies

billytwix
04-29-2011, 06:04 PM
the worst increase evar! - they seriously need to at least throw in 10 tomb guard like they did with the lizardmen box. don't remember if LM exchanged something for the guard but come on, empire did something like that also - 120 is a shameful way to offer a big box.

sadly i remember when the big boxes were 80 across the board. and they were awesome - especially at discount

at least they are offering one. Dark Eldar are still without big box options.

Necron_Lord
04-29-2011, 06:04 PM
You get eight (8) extras skellies

I suppose they're worth an extra $30. LOL

Brass Scorpion
04-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Talk about this has been around the forums for weeks. It's why some of us bought up a few of the old $90 Battalions when we had the chance. Some stores might have an older one here and there on the shelves. The Arundel Mills GW still had the old TK Battalion on the shelf the last day they were open just four days ago. If you see one somewhere, grab it.